Between 700 And 800 Cars......

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
That's how big the show field was on Friday and Saturday at Mustang Week.

Man! What a spectacle. I think it's safe to say that despite it's "regional" impressions,.....It's definitely a National event. There were so damn many late model mustangs driving around, I can't believe that every unit sold since '05 wasn't there. Had to be 300 of those things rolling around. They were like a scourge.

I think there were over 175-200 foxbodies in the mix w/ another 125-150 or so new edge's; 75-100 SN 95's; and 30-50 or so Classics rounding out the assortment, all spread out over about a 7-10 square block field.
Myrtle Beach in of itself is an excellent venue, w/ attractions for all ages. There was literally an entertainment complex w/ several major tourist trap restaurants attached to each other (i.e. Planet HollyWood;Hardrock;Senor Frogs; Margaritaville; as well as a dozen others locals. A cirque de Solie, A gi Honkin theater w/ a mid-evil themed show going on inside,......blah-blah-blah.

I was told the weather (mid 90's w/ mixed cloud cover and a nice breeze) was atypical however, and I was lucky the it wasn't the typical 300 degrees Kelvin that the area usually experienced during the week.
(Yeah,...like the mid 90's on a black parking lot was "a break"):rolleyes:

It wasn't all cake and ice cream for me though, but I'll spare those details for another thread in my typical fashion later on this afternoon.

I really did enjoy the time spent talking w/ folks and getting to see all of the really amazing cars in attendance, I will make plans to attend next year.
You should too.:nice:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I never had the opportunity to take my car to mustang week. As long as my car is done (and running reliably), I'll have it there next year. It can get pretty damn hot there this time of year. I hate the extreme heat.

Mike,

I had the wonderful opportunity to meet you and see your car at the Cruise In Saturday. Your car is one beautiful piece of work, I was amazed at the creativity and top notch work that expressed your creativity in the car. After spending a few minutes talking to you I can see why, you are truly a class act. There are a very small number of cars that I have seen over the years that leave a lasting impression and give incentive to push on with my own project, and I have to say your car is right up there at the top. Of course being that my son has a fox body and I have a 67 myself helped, but even aside from that I was thorougly impressed with the car and your work. One of a kind and for good reason.
I hope to see you again next year at the event !

Mike,

I had the wonderful opportunity to meet you and see your car at the Cruise In Saturday. Your car is one beautiful piece of work, I was amazed at the creativity and top notch work that expressed your creativity in the car. After spending a few minutes talking to you I can see why, you are truly a class act. There are a very small number of cars that I have seen over the years that leave a lasting impression and give incentive to push on with my own project, and I have to say your car is right up there at the top. Of course being that my son has a fox body and I have a 67 myself helped, but even aside from that I was thorougly impressed with the car and your work. One of a kind and for good reason.
I hope to see you again next year at the event !

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate that you liked the car too, you could probably tell I like to talk about it. That is why I go to these things,... It's actually more fun than driving it ( but just barely).

I will go back next year, it's kinda "burned in" for me now. Hopefully you can get yours there, they needed way more classics than what they had.

The next event I'll make is in the fall, at Bowling Green, ky. Went last year to that one too.

After spending a few minutes talking to you I can see why, you are truly a class act......

Truely a class act...... Madmike? ............well I guess we all have our 'moments' in life .....

J/K - sounds like a great time :)

What show is in Bowling Green?
NMRA All Ford finals;.....Car show combined w/ the fastest Fords on the planet. A car show where I had to run the heater in the morning getting there, but high 60's -low 70's when the sun came out. All set up in a pretty nice little town.
Coolness all around.
After spending a few minutes talking to you I can see why, you are truly a class act......

Truely a class act...... Madmike? ............well I guess we all have our 'moments' in life .....

J/K - sounds like a great time :)

Hey now,......I'll have you know that since I've enrolled in A.A., I have yet to make a rude comment to anyone.

I'm following the 12 step program diligently,. w/ my participation on internet forums being the only rule I'm breaking,.. so don't tempt me to return to my old ways......

NMRA All Ford finals;.....Car show combined w/ the fastest Fords on the planet. A car show where I had to run the heater in the morning getting there, but high 60's -low 70's when the sun came out. All set up in a pretty nice little town.
Coolness all around.

Hey now,......I'll have you know that since I've enrolled in A.A., I have yet to make a rude comment to anyone.

I'm following the 12 step program diligently,. w/ my participation on internet forums being the only rule I'm breaking,.. so don't tempt me to return to my old ways......

Oh geez - can't imagine what words would follow after a few 'cold' ones thrown back.....:confused: - good luck w/A.A. stick to it MM / my wife 'bet' me I couldn't stop drinking 'cold' turkey ( I only drink beer) - going on 3.5 months now - and all I can say is that it sucks - and it's Not gonna last - ...:drool:

Oh geez - can't imagine what words would follow after a few 'cold' ones thrown back.....:confused: - good luck w/A.A. stick to it MM / my wife 'bet' me I couldn't stop drinking 'cold' turkey ( I only drink beer) - going on 3.5 months now - and all I can say is that it sucks - and it's Not gonna last - ...:drool:

Ohhh you have me confused w/ somebody who has a drinking problem.:cheers: ......NAAAH!.

I belong to ASS HOLES ANONYMOUS.
It's the little known organization whose members routinely offend other people, and have decided to try and be the person they always wanted to be.

(In my case that'd be John Wayne,...... little sister)
Evidently, you must've thought I was talking about Alcoholics Anonymous?:rlaugh:

I only drink Guiness. Routinely, twice a week. 4 Imperial pints on Friday night,....and 3 on Sunday.

Now to somebody that's counting,.....that's 140 oz of beer a week.
Just shy of a conventional 12 packs' worth of the yellow swill from the guys that brew the "King of Beers".

I've lived in SC since I was born, 4 hours or so from Myrtle Beach. I've been there 3 times, with the latest being 2 years ago. I HATE that place, although I do not dislike the coast nor the beach environment. We go to Daytona/Savannah/St. Augustine pretty often and love it! It's definitely just a Myrtle Beach thing that I dislike... If not for that I'd have actually attended a Mustang Week event some time over the past ~10 years that it has been going on. :)

@MM - the AA thing made me laugh out loud :lol: -- ........ I should of 'known' you had a diiferent version of AA.......
My drinking career is slated to begin once again when I fly home to my old neighborhood in Chicago for the annual 'block-party' - everyone there is either a cop or a fireman and it gets pretty crazy ......... How do you drink that 'dark' beer chit?....:drool:

@MM - the AA thing made me laugh out loud :lol: -- ........ I should of 'known' you had a diiferent version of AA.......
My drinking career is slated to begin once again when I fly home to my old neighborhood in Chicago for the annual 'block-party' - everyone there is either a cop or a fireman and it gets pretty crazy ......... How do you drink that 'dark' beer chit?....:drool:
Well first you have to have relatives in Ireland who let you know in advance that Murphy's, or Guiness will be the drink of choice if you're gonna "hang w/ the lads" when you come over on Holiday. (I've been there twice now in the last 10 years).

Secondly, It is an acquired taste that requires you to choke down the first few. But,...............
It's not carbonated, so you never feel full. (Even after drinking 80oz at a setting). And I don't feel as "drunk" either.
I have never had a hangover as a result, compared w/ drinking even 3-4 of the regular yellow junk where I routinely would have one.
It's best served by a bar that uses Nitrogen as a propellant, poured by a bartender that knows how to pour it. Do not drink it by the bottle, but if you have to, only from a can, (they have a little "widget" inside the can that provides the necessary nitrogen to make the beer form it's characteristic cream foam head.)
The Guiness "Tumbles" in the glass after it's poured, so It's cool to watch,......AND
It leaves a "last drink" ring on the sides of the glass after every drink, so you can see how many sips you took to drink it, which no other beer can lay claim to.

There now,....Do I need to go into any more detail as to why I drink it?

Reactions: 1 user
Well first you have to have relatives in Ireland who let you know in advance that Murphy's, or Guiness will be the drink of choice if you're gonna "hang w/ the lads" when you come over on Holiday. (I've been there twice now in the last 10 years).

Secondly, It is an acquired taste that requires you to choke down the first few. But,...............
It's not carbonated, so you never feel full. (Even after drinking 80oz at a setting). And I don't feel as "drunk" either.
I have never had a hangover as a result, compared w/ drinking even 3-4 of the regular yellow junk where I routinely would have one.
It's best served by a bar that uses Nitrogen as a propellant, poured by a bartender that knows how to pour it. Do not drink it by the bottle, but if you have to, only from a can, (they have a little "widget" inside the can that provides the necessary nitrogen to make the beer form it's characteristic cream foam head.)
The Guiness "Tumbles" in the glass after it's poured, so It's cool to watch,......AND
It leaves a "last drink" ring on the sides of the glass after every drink, so you can see how many sips you took to drink it, which no other beer can lay claim to.

There now,....Do I need to go into any more detail as to why I drink it?

No.... that's great - no hangover :confused: ...that's interesting .... being 1/2 Irish myself :crazy: - the wife and I were thinking of going to Ireland for our 5th yr. anniversay -she went back-packing there in college - it's her favorite place..... so maybe I'll try the dark beer ...see what I'm missing out on .....thx MM