Big Bass Foxbody 5th Gear Grind Occasionally

KyleEBK

Jan 27, 2008
Car had transmission rebuilt about 9 years ago, around 28k on it, occasionally when I go from 4th to 5th there is a lil grind when going to 5th. car was never driven hard. there is a lot of weight in it though around 1000 lbs of stereo stuff. running 2 18s walled on 16000 watts rms.

I tried pushing clutch to floor then pulling back all the way by hand haven't driven it yet after doing that, anything else I can look into?

• Sponsors (?)

I do know that the entire center console is loose and moves around with the bass is there maybe something under there I should look into? or just syncro going bad? car information in signature

Hows that Mutt running?
To adjust the clutch, if it still has the stock quadrant, is simply pull the peddle to you (up) and feel, hear it click, although I feel you may have a blocker ring worn but I'm far from a trans guy, does it go into reverse ok?

Reactions: 1 user
The 5th gear blocker ring is brass, while 1-4 are the 3-peice heavy duty units. The brass ones tend to wear a little quicker. Couple potentially need to have the 5th gear synchro addressed.

Could also be a clutch disengagement issues as well. I'd try and rule this out first before tearing into the trans