Big Block 460 ?s

I know the subject has been thrown around before and Ive searched some but I have a few ?s that I havent seen asked in here. Jegs has a 87-93 460 swap kit that includes the oil pan, motor mounts, pickup, gasket, dipstick, oil pump shaft, oil pump, and hooker headers. The only thing that I see being a problem is the headers but wouldnt this kit make the swap a lot easier for our cars. I have already converted my Cobra to a carb setup so Ill go with a carb motor. Also does anyone make a bellhousing to stick a Tremec 5 speed to a 460 or do you have to go with a C4/6 tranny? Im fine with either tranny. I know some peopole will say why dont you just get a 351W and stroke it. Well 351Ws are limited to power and then they crack. I can mildly build a 460 and get more power than a 351W easy. I want insane power (like 600rhp or more) and I know that if I went with a 351W I would have to go Dart and dont get me started on a BARE Dart Block cost. I can get a 460 with C4 tranny for about $500. Dart block $2k bare block. Get a forged internal kit for about $1300 for the 460. Heads for about $1700. Already have carb and Victor intake for 460. Cam is about $300 pushrods and rockers are about $300-$400. I dont see any fabing of anything except calling Kooks for a custom set of headers in which they will do the work for me and maybe a crossmember for the C4/6 but thats no big deal. Thanks for reading my extremely long post.

• Sponsors (?)

I may be wrong but I think the hooker swap headers will work on the 94-95's. I have a 460 in my 91lx drag car with those headers. The headers are not my favorite but they work. If I was looking into getting custom headers anyway I would go with a set of trickflow A460 heads and intake. My dad has these heads on a dome top 512 that made 690 rwhp at 6300 rpm's through a powerglide trans. Jon Kasse also has just designed a new set of heads that are similar to the frp super cobra jet's but flow a little better.
I'm not really sure about the transmission choice. A C4 will work but will more than likely require a aftermarket bellhousing. Ford made a bellhousing for a 460 with a C4 but it's kind of hard to find. I would not use a C6 because they are much heavier and less efficient.