BIG TIME EMRGENCY...03 COBRA, HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turned out of my apartments last night and in a normal fashion shifted from 1st to 2nd...the car was not at full operationg temp but had run for a few minutes before driving... Anyway, while in second with the clutch fully engaged I gave it some fair throttle- Not very hard- But enough to cause a small amount of tire spin. There was a loud 'bang" and then the whole car just shuddered violently. I immediately turned around and parked it in the garage. The car shuddered the whole time. I killed it and checked the engine. It sprayed oil over the driver side of the engine...looks like in the block area, beneath the head. It has drained some oil...not a massive amount...but any at this point is bad. The car has only 1300mi on it. My signature lists my mods...all put on in the last 2-3 days. Should I bolt my stock catted H pipe back on? Is the off road one gonna freak the dealer out? I've got to know...they are closed today and i'll have to have it picked up tomorrow. I'll bust ass and change that pipe out before I send it...I'm paranoid I guess, do you guys have any opinion or experience to share with the dealer on stuff like this to prepare me? Never gone through this...thanks

• Sponsors (?)

RedSquad7 said:
I turned out of my apartments last night and in a normal fashion shifted from 1st to 2nd...the car was not at full operationg temp but had run for a few minutes before driving... Anyway, while in second with the clutch fully engaged I gave it some fair throttle- Not very hard- But enough to cause a small amount of tire spin. There was a loud 'bang" and then the whole car just shuddered violently. I immediately turned around and parked it in the garage. The car shuddered the whole time. I killed it and checked the engine. It sprayed oil over the driver side of the engine...looks like in the block area, beneath the head. It has drained some oil...not a massive amount...but any at this point is bad. The car has only 1300mi on it. My signture lists my mods...all put on in the last 2-3 days. Should I bolt my stock catted H pipe back on? Is the off road one gonna freak the dealer out? I've got to know...they are closed today and i'll have to have it picked up tomorrow. I'll bust ass and change that pipe out before I send it...I'm paranoid I guess, do you guys have any opinion or experience to share with the dealer on stuff like this to prepare me? Never gone through this...thanks

They may think you did something tune related when they see off road pipes on. Definately put your stock h pipe back on. Hope everything goes alright for you!

peace

It would help your case out if you put the stock h back on. They may think you did something tune relate

I think it could only help your case if you put the stock h back on. They may think you have done something tune related becaus

Status
Not open for further replies.