Biggest Rear Tires

Rocket3005

Jan 2, 2010
I did a search and did not find the anwser to this question. So I hope it is not a repeat of past post.
I just got a 06 GT. I got a set of Ground Force Lowering springs (1.3 front 1.4 Rear) and a set of Foose Legend 20x8.5 & 20x10.5. What is the largest Rear Tire that someone is running ???

Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

You are talking about width, correct? 1.4" drop with 10.5" wheel should be ok, but you'll have to watch the tire height. I currently have 1.5: drop and running a 285/50-18 on 10" wheel and have room to spare. That tire is 29.2" tall and 11.6" wide.

I saw a stang with 315's and looked totally ghetto - most likely because the offset wasn't meant for the really wide tires - they stuck out past the wells. 335's would be awesome (and expensive!), but would pay really close attention to the special backspacing a 335 width tire may need to stay in the wheel wells and look perfect. If you do, please let us know with pix!!!

Thanks, undisputed:D
As wusthof was saying, those tires sound like they'd fit, but pay close attention to the rear wheel offset! Mine is +40mm offset and the wheel lip sits about flush with the fender. I imagine for a 10.5" wheel, you'd need a bit more offset...+45 to +50 (if they even make them) to keep the tire from sticking out past the fender and possibly rubbing.

I saw a stang with 315's and looked totally ghetto - most likely because the offset wasn't meant for the really wide tires - they stuck out past the wells. 335's would be awesome (and expensive!), but would pay really close attention to the special backspacing a 335 width tire may need to stay in the wheel wells and look perfect. If you do, please let us know with pix!!!

More than likely the wheels were meant for a SN95 and not a S197. I'm running 315s on my car now and doesn't look "ghetto". ;)