Black Cars??

• Sponsors (?)

Tyson98GT said:
Ok Thanks for the opinion...and what does the claybar exactly get out??
Supposedly it brings out the dirt in the paint or something and cleans it up. Follow it up with a polish and then a wx and enjoy.
BTW, since your car is black like mine, enjoy it for exactly 7 minutes until it gets covered in dust and pollen :mad:

Like everyone stated above... there's really no way to get the swirls out for long, however... if you are looking for that temporary look and don't want to spend a day waxing...
use the meguiars step 1 and then stop...
it's the paint cleaner.

after you polish up the paint with that puppy, you'll be happy enough, but it will only last a few days like everyone else said :p

oh god how i love black
LOL

Dark color cars always show swirl marks more than light color cars will...swirl marks are light scratches in your clear coat, you need to polish out the swirls to get rid of them, I have a black car and know how much of a pain in the ass it is to deal with them...something as simple as drying your car with a towel made of the wrong material can cause swirls or a small particle of dirt in your cloth can do it as well...I pay a professional every few months to get rid of them for me.

Ok everything you guys have suggested sounds great..I get my car detailed professionaly every summer right when I get it out of storage..I was wondering what I should tell him to do to get rid of swirl marks..I want him to get rid of the swirl marks..then whats the next step?? A good wax??

Tyson98GT said:
Ok everything you guys have suggested sounds great..I get my car detailed professionaly every summer right when I get it out of storage..I was wondering what I should tell him to do to get rid of swirl marks..I want him to get rid of the swirl marks..then whats the next step?? A good wax??

If he's a professional he should know what to do...I've found that not every professional detailer does swirl mark removal...after the swirls are polished out a good coat of wax or some sort of sealer should be next.

Ok..So, I just talked to the guy who always details my car. He said that he would do the swirl mark removal then he would put Zylon on my car..It is supposedly a hard protectant like a shell that gets put on car were nothing can get in the clearcoat and he said he could do everything for 400 dollars...what do u guys think??

Tyson98GT said:
Ok..So, I just talked to the guy who always details my car. He said that he would do the swirl mark removal then he would put Zylon on my car..It is supposedly a hard protectant like a shell that gets put on car were nothing can get in the clearcoat and he said he could do everything for 400 dollars...what do u guys think??

I tried to look up some info on Zylon but keep finding articles related to Bullit Proof Vests...it seems to be some sort of coating for Kevlar...if you have a link to the product I would be interested in checking it out....$400 seems pretty steep to me :shrug: