Blown Head Gasket, Should I Swap Cams Is My Q

Only spraying a 60 wet shot, one nozzel. Pretty sure I held it too long in forth trying to run down a turbo civic (embarassing as that is)

Any way melted the AFR 165 head to where it had to be welded it got hot for seeing 6000 in 4th with gas on (in my defense I forgot about the nitrous being on, I rarely use it. But still a 60 shot??!!)

So turns out I used the cheap fel pro's??
So I'm putting Cometic's on it, I'm fighting the urge to put another cam in it as the TF #1 is VERY streetable, thats what I want but it still falls on it's face at 5300-5400rpm, like the stock cam did at 5000

Any advice on a cam for my engine? (details in sig)
I like the trick flow, so I'm thinking about they're #2 cam.
#1= 221/225 @.050 .499/.510 with 1.6
#2= 224/232 "" .542/.563 ''''
both at 112 seperation. Anyone got any experience with these?

How much driveability you guys think I'll lose?
Any help appriecated!!

• Sponsors (?)

Soo... the poll question is how much should I spray, then the actual post is what cam should I run.

Try this:

Assuming you want to continue using n20 as a power adder, wouldn't a nitrous cam make sense? The best thing to do IMO would be to call a cam company (everyone has their choice, I used Bullet) and tell them what you are trying to do.
You have a mild 306 and want to make X power with spray, ask them what they suggest.

As for the grenaded motor - Do you have any idea what the AFR was/is @ 6000 rpm with the spray? Without the spray? I think the saying, "you can run rich all the time, but you'll only go lean once" might apply here. Who tuned the car?

And how do you know its' the cam causing the power drop off? It could be any number of things.

I'm by no means a tuner, but that sounds ok. Other people on here know better than I and hopefully they'll pitch in and help with any misinformation. I've learned by reading and making mistakes of my own.

The 14:1 up to 3500 is for part throttle cruising where there isn't as much load on the engine. 12.5 from 4500 on is for the WOT pulls.

Increasing the fuel pressure won't have much of an effect. The chip controls the pulse width on the injectors. Longer pulse = more fuel. A 10ms pulse (just for example) at 45 psi isn't going to make much more difference than a 10ms pulse at 39 psi.

Since its a wet kit, you can tune how much fuel goes in when the kit is in use. I'd get a wideband for about $200 to keep an eye on the AFR while spraying. If it creeps up to the 13s or higher, shut it down and add more fuel.

Hope this helps, and welcome, by the way.