• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Blowzilla, Turbo or Centrifugal Supercharger?

  • Thread starter Thread starter crunchie12268
  • Start date Start date Apr 14, 2005
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

Scones

Member
Sep 9, 2004
62
0
6
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Apr 15, 2005
#21
  • Apr 15, 2005
  • #21
i'm a turbo junkie and that's what i'm gonna do...but that blowzilla seems soooo easy in comparison lol
 
C

crunchie12268

New Member
Aug 4, 2004
599
0
0
Manhattan, KS
Apr 15, 2005
#22
  • Apr 15, 2005
  • #22
What about a twin turbo'd 514? that would be sweet, but you would have to have a damn good suspension, tranny, rearend, etc. I don't really care about the cost, I don't really care if I finish it by the time im out of college. I just want something to do so I have a killer street car later. It is more about the excitement and anticipation you get when you are building one, fabricating and tuning. It makes you feel good when it actually runs.

Do you guys think a D.S.S. Level 20 347 would be able to handle all that power? Also, would I want the AFR 215 or 225 heads? Or should I just build the longblock with JE Forged pistons, Probe Forged Crank and Forged Rods? Or maybe I could stick with my GT40's and port them. The possibilities
 

TT91

Active Member
May 23, 2003
1,536
0
36
Paramus, NJ
Apr 15, 2005
#23
  • Apr 15, 2005
  • #23
crunchie12268 said:
What about a twin turbo'd 514? that would be sweet, but you would have to have a damn good suspension, tranny, rearend, etc. I don't really care about the cost, I don't really care if I finish it by the time im out of college. I just want something to do so I have a killer street car later. It is more about the excitement and anticipation you get when you are building one, fabricating and tuning. It makes you feel good when it actually runs.

Do you guys think a D.S.S. Level 20 347 would be able to handle all that power? Also, would I want the AFR 215 or 225 heads? Or should I just build the longblock with JE Forged pistons, Probe Forged Crank and Forged Rods? Or maybe I could stick with my GT40's and port them. The possibilities
Click to expand...

I think a stock 302 block will handle just as much power as the DSS lvel 20 blocks...they are the same thing after all.
 

BlackFox5.0

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
3,514
1
0
Massachusetts
Apr 15, 2005
#24
  • Apr 15, 2005
  • #24
<-- Wanted turbo, got Vortech, sold it, and went turbo, best thing I could have done. I dont miss the supercharger at all..... and the car feels so much stronger with less boost. 5psi intercooled turbo, feels different than 9psi on blower with alcohol injection.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
Forced Induction On3 Turbo Kit- Parts list NEEDED - 302 Stock Motor
  • Hirothecool1
  • Feb 27, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 7, 2026
slow84lx
S
Engine Suggestions on an engine rebuild. Stock cam/GT40Ps or aftermarket on both for a fun weekend driver?
  • MadSquirrelTech
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
MadSquirrelTech
J
Help Figuring Motor Choice(Possible future turbo)?
  • jaygee15
  • Dec 14, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
790
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 3, 2026
Jarhead67
J
Electrical Code 29 again
  • Creomod
  • Jul 31, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
271
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 3, 2026
Creomod
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
380
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?