BMR Lowering Kit??

webb06GT

May 30, 2007
This is my first post here. I have been lurking for a while. Anyway, Does anyone have any experience with the Lowering Kit from BMR? How does it ride compared to stock. I am intersted in opinions on their products in general.
-Steven

• Sponsors (?)

I have the BMR lower control arms, adj. panhard bar, and 3rd link. All top quality stuff and built to take any abuse you can give it. I bought all of my stuff before they had the new lowering kit but I've basically got the same thing albeit with Eibach springs instead of BMR. The ride is definitely stiffer than stock but you won't regret doing it. BMR makes top notch stuff, especially for the price.

Rides stiffer then stock but not to harsh even with the stock struts. Very good quality biggest pain was putting in the lower control arm relocation brackets. Front was cake with a sping compressor. Took be about 2 hours taking my time to do the back and 1 to do the front.

I've got the BMR kit without the springs. I will be installing it with FRPP springs since I had already bought those before I found the BMR kit. I think I'm probably going to order new shocks and struts to install when I install the lowering kit.

TheMaster, did you weld the control arm relocation brackets in place or just leave them bolted?

I did not weld the control arm relocation brackets in place and they seem to be fine so far, I've driven 1500 miles since the install. I wish I would have done struts at the same time because I'm going to have to pay for an alignment again when I do them.

i have the bmr lowering kit. only installed the springs and adj panhard so far( gonna wait to get lca's before i do the brackets) rides great, handles better then stock. when you get into the turns you really feel the difference. as far as the kit goes, i didnt use teh camber bolts, mine went back to spec without them and i opted not to use the supplied spring moutns for the front of the car. they say they are a one time use but i saw no reason to replace mine, maybe when i change out my struts and shocks i put them in. best part of teh kit for me was the adj panhard. i have 285's out back and you can really see the offset once lowered. the bar fixed everything up and its very easy to adj while just lying on your back under the car( well assuming you fit, as i barely did but im on the small side,) butin my opinion buy the kit, great value for the money i think.