Body alignment

Thebluefox1

Jun 28, 2022
Pasadena
Hello I have some question for the body I have a 90 5.0 hatch. I hit a car with the front passenger side the only thing that looked like it got affected was the glass fiber bumper support but now that everything is put together the driver side fog light is a little for out is there a way to fix it?

Also how to align the fenders or do I just push it in to bend it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 70
  • FEA06BAD-16CD-468F-AEDB-6D54B6E6E60C.jpeg
    FEA06BAD-16CD-468F-AEDB-6D54B6E6E60C.jpeg
    771.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 73066800-AD31-4837-828D-CB598393A470.jpeg
    73066800-AD31-4837-828D-CB598393A470.jpeg
    708 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

Look down the front of the passenger shock tower, you will likely have to remove the maf and bracket, where the frame attaches to the tower is an area that is made to 'crush', I figure the 'hit' was on the bumper bracket, that also may have pushed in.
how is the right fender and hood alignment?

Look at the frame rail inside the engine bay. Is it perfectly straight or does it look like there’s a small kink near the tower.

The rails have some crumple zones in them that absorb some inpact. It doesn’t take much of a frontal hit to get a small crease going. Check to make sure that your rail is perfectly straight.

Like he said the apron is probably a bit tweaked along with the lower core support. Fender adjustment is a bit of a pita, shims, the lower pinch plays a huge part of fitment for the door gap and the front support bar for bumper alignment also... There is a ton of adjustment in them that can make it a royal pita.

Look at the frame rail inside the engine bay. Is it perfectly straight or does it look like there’s a small kink near the tower.

The rails have some crumple zones in them that absorb some inpact. It doesn’t take much of a frontal hit to get a small crease going. Check to make sure that your rail is perfectly straight.
It is a little bent the hood is a little tight to the fender also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 60
That little kink is exactly what I’m talking about. The mounting points on that side likely shifted rearward as well. Going to be a pita to realign that all if there isn’t enough play on the fastener slots. The shock absorber can likely be compressed as well.

Really should be looked at by a body shop to put on the frame machine.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user