Bolt on mods

• Sponsors (?)

Ok i have a 97 2v 4.6 I'm new to the fuel injection v8 world was just wondering what are so good bolt on mods? As far as I know its all stock with a K&N air filter

I’d check that all your maintenance is up to date. After that there are tons of options depending on what your goals are. Suspension and chassis stiffening help it drive better, exhaust makes it sound better, and there are plenty of other ways to get after it.

I personally dislike CAIs for these cars, but I have one that's been a pain. I'd skip that if you have a K&N filter already.

Gears are probably the biggest bang for buck mod, but not exactly bolt on. Long tubes are a good boost, but a real pain to install. Swapping in a PI top end (Heads/Cams/Intake from a "Performance Improved"[PI] 4.6) is also a good boost for fairly cheap (though again, a bit of work). Depends on what you want in the end really.

Dont waste any money trying to increase performance, ESPECIALLY on an NPI 2V. Throw some mufflers on to make it sound good, lowering springs to help make it look good, then maybe some subframe connectors to firm everything up. Other than that.....NOTHING

Dont waste any money trying to increase performance, ESPECIALLY on an NPI 2V. Throw some mufflers on to make it sound good, lowering springs to help make it look good, then maybe some subframe connectors to firm everything up. Other than that.....NOTHING
I agree with nightfire on this. Find a PI motor and do the swap. If you full bolt ons on a non PI engine, you’ll end up being in the hp range of the stock PI engine.