• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Bolt-on Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan_D
  • Start date Start date Apr 8, 2015
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

Bryan_D

Member
Apr 8, 2015
15
4
13
Bellingham, WA
Apr 16, 2015
#21
  • Apr 16, 2015
  • #21
It doesn't come with filter oil and kinda sucks if the oil is blowing off it. Will have to keep an eye on it and get some MAF cleaner to keep on hand. Any good dry filters you are looking at or are they pretty much all the same?
 

Mineral4.6

Member
Mar 17, 2015
76
14
18
Apr 16, 2015
#22
  • Apr 16, 2015
  • #22
I believe k&n makes a dry filter.
 

Bryan_D

Member
Apr 8, 2015
15
4
13
Bellingham, WA
Apr 28, 2015
#23
  • Apr 28, 2015
  • #23
CAI is installed, was a pretty easy install but still gotta work on some things with it cause the plate that goes against the hole in the fender wall has a cable in the way and wont lay flat, going to work on getting that set properly and I need to get the plug and sensor setup properly.
I have the springs to lower it and will probably do that this weekend. After the springs will be doing shocks and struts.
Also ordered a chin spoiler. Should be here this week and putting it on this weekend as well.
I was thinking about getting a torque converter because of the shudder in the transmission. I have looked around and most of the performance ones are around $600 - $800 and right now I can't really spend that kind of money. Eventually I will purchase a high stall performance converter but for now I was looking on Rock Auto and found stock ones from Alliance for $125. My question is, has anyone heard of Alliance and are they any good? I am not worried about them not being a performance part, especially for that price, I just want to get this shudder fixed.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
188
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
931
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Today at 4:28 AM
2v_johnny
2
C
C4 trans help needed
  • CPH89LX
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
301
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 28, 2026
CPH89LX
C
W
I need a 1997 Mustang PATS A expert!
  • Wolfdogg
  • Friday at 10:41 PM
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
93
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Monday at 11:10 PM
Noobz347
T
Progress Thread 2002 Mustang 3.8L CV
  • TheIncompetentMechanic
  • May 26, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
131
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 1, 2026
TheIncompetentMechanic
T
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?