• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Boom Tubes

  • Thread starter Thread starter 07HurstGT
  • Start date Start date Jul 13, 2008
0

07HurstGT

New Member
Jul 6, 2008
1
0
0
Lake Winola, PA
Jul 13, 2008
#1
  • Jul 13, 2008
  • #1
I have flowmaster American Thunder axlebacks on my 07 GT now but I want to get a louder set of axlebacks to put on for a while. I will still keep the Flows if I ever get tired of listening to the loudness just because they are so simple to change. What do you think of the boom tubes from ninosport.com? Does anyone have them and what do you have to say about them? Thanks for any repliesSearch Results
 
G

gunting

New Member
Jun 30, 2008
8
0
0
Jul 26, 2008
#2
  • Jul 26, 2008
  • #2
I just had them installed this week. Construction wise they have welds showing within the exhaust tube. On the outside they are nicely polished and look comparable to the magnaflows I have just replaced. I have the MRT catted H-pipe so the sound I get maybe different if you are using an X-pipe for the mid section. They produce the low rumble that I had expected from the GT. they are not for the faint of heart. As soon as you hit the pedal they awaken the best within the car. You feel and hear the roar. At crusing speed they have very little resonance. When you hit the pedal they awaken the animal within. Here is an important tip. The left axle back is designed with a "flaw." The rear hanger is too far back and contacts the flange/bracket of the car. Metal on metal will result in a high pitched rattle when the exhaust is hot (after about 15 minutes of travel time). I had to have a mechanic bend the Boom Tube bracket so that it gave the car flange more clearance. Let me know if this isn't clear and I will say more about this when/if you are reaqdy for the install. In summary, to my ears the Boom Tubes create the sound I was expecting from the V8 engine.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
Ford AOD Transmission filler tube orings
  • Dagasser
  • Jul 21, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
6
Views
171
The Welcome Wagon Jul 26, 2026
Noobz347
Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
206
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
372
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Airaid reduction sleeve?
  • BriansNSane
  • Dec 20, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
174
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 20, 2025
BriansNSane
B
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
233
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?