Boost and Fuel press. gauges

flygilmore

Mar 31, 2005
I am adding an s-trim to my 95 cobra and thought it would be wise to purchase boost and fuel pressure gauges and mounting them in a full pillar pod-what would you recommend and how exactly do these things hook up with sending units and all??

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I went that route. Bought a Full A-pillar two gauge pod, and autometer boost gauge and electric fuel pressure. With the electric fuel pressure gauge it's easy to hook up, just use an adapter/sending unit into the schrader valve on your fuel rail. For the boost, just tap into your vaccum tree.

It's as easy as running wires through your firewall and hooking it all up. The instructions from autometer are fairly good too. Plenty of guys have done these on the boards, and will help out, provide pics, etc. good luck!

F/P has to be connected via a stainless steel 4-AN line from the fuel rail to the gage an isolator has or should be used if you run fuel into the interior....Boost just connects to a vaccum feed..
Here's how I set mine up....oil and water temp in the gage bezel....Vacuum in the column pod...F/P on the wiper cowl...
am_steering_pod_1.jpg

Connection for the F/P gage at the fuel rail..
schrader_line.jpg

Get an electric FP gauge and you dont have to worry about that isolater. Just remove the schrader valve, install an adapter and install the sender. The only wires I sent through the firewall were the sender wires. I had to clip the connectors off though in order to get them through my tiny hole in the firewall. I thought that would be easier than drilling a huge 3/4 inch hole.