Forced Induction Boosted 85

Macktenn

Mar 21, 2020
Alberta
Hey everyone! I am new here.... I have a 1995 Ford Mustang. Was originally a V6 but has a 302 out of a 85 mustang in it now. I am looking to put some power down this summer and am looking for some tips... I’m torn between 2 options. Either I do a performance cam, performance heads, and intake manifold. Or I go to boost and run a supercharger. I’ve added it all up and I would be at pretty close to the same price all said and done. I am fairly confident in my mechanical capabilities and will be doing it myself. A couple of my biggest questions are, obviously what your opinions are on both boost or keep it N/A. Another big one is can I reliably run the supercharger? I would be running at right around 6.5 pounds. I don’t know a whole lot about the stick heads/cam so I wasn’t sure if they are fine with running boost or if I would have to replace them anyways....
as of right now my car is pretty much stock. Has a full dyno max exhaust with long tube headers.. aluminum valve covers (which I know do jack all but figured I would list it) and a quick fuel 600 CFM slayer carb. Suspension wise it has a 4 link drag setup, ready to handle some power.... any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4620E586-7A9F-4A7A-94AD-0F8367C95C66.jpeg
    4620E586-7A9F-4A7A-94AD-0F8367C95C66.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 110
  • C4EF6C13-B050-49FF-95BF-AA23AC4414CD.jpeg
    C4EF6C13-B050-49FF-95BF-AA23AC4414CD.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Sponsors (?)

The Trick Flow top end kit is hard to beat,and should put you right close to your 350 wheel hp goal. It's also literally bolt on and go,unlike whatever supercharger you're considering. But,what Trick Flow kit are you considering? You're carbed,do they have a carbed kit or are you going to piece meal everything? You have ALOT of options if you go the HCI route.

The Trick Flow top end kit is hard to beat,and should put you right close to your 350 wheel hp goal. It's also literally bolt on and go,unlike whatever supercharger you're considering. But,what Trick Flow kit are you considering? You're carbed,do they have a carbed kit or are you going to piece meal everything? You have ALOT of options if you go the HCI route.
Hey sorry for the late response, the kit that I am looking at is this one here https://treperformance.com/i-239005...top-end-engine-kits-for-small-block-ford.html
It says that it can fit on a 83 mustang, which is what the engine is out of. so i don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t fit.

I thought there was something different about t hff e early pistons that caused issues with the new valve angles in the Trick Flow TW 11r heads ?

Might want to email Trickflow to make sure.