Bought another Miata!!!!!1

Makdaddymac

May 28, 2005
orlando
yes im not scared to admit, i love miata's.... 30mpg+ rwd and drop top!!!!!!!!!!
going to go pick it up now, it has to be towed and needs work but body is solid

so mark me down for a pretty cool collection

88 Mustang GT 5speed(staying in the family for life)
mk4 GTI vr6 5spd
and a 94 Miata 5spd...needs work

man i wish i had an automatic beater:rolleyes:

im going to probably sell the gti if the miata is a clean fix, maybe swap the motor, out of the two which one would you keep gti or miata

• Sponsors (?)

I don't care what anybody says. The Miata is a FUN car to drive. its not fast by any stretch of the imagination but it handles GREAT and it really quick on its feet. I'd have one. (but not the old pop-up headlight ones....I don't like the styling)

Miata's are fun, reliable, and economic cars to drive. A 5.0 conversion is not necessary and should not even be considered. Just add a supercharger from; http://www.fastforwardsuperchargers.com/.

I owned a '03 Miata 6-spd. with a BRP MP62 supercharger and air-to-air intercooler. Even with the supercharger, the car averaged 30mpg. In addition, it ran 13.50's @ 102 in the 1/4 mile, though, it was mainly circulating road courses on weekends. I highly recommend a root's style supercharger if you are wishing for extra power.

Mike

Congrats! :nice:

I hate to say it, but ... Miata > Fox 'vert. As far as convertibles go, you can't do a whole helluva lot better than a Miata, IMHO. Only gripes I have about 'em are the early motors had some issues with either the crank or cam breaking (can be preventatively fixed with a quick little weld), and the battery is some teeny-tiny special one-off deal that costs way more than a regular battery ... but otherwise, as mentioned, 30+ MPG, RWD, 50/50 weight distribution, and great reliability = :banana:

However, that being said, I'll gladly take a notch or hatch 5.0 over a Miata ANY day. Owning a 'vert now makes me wish I instead had a T-top or another hardtop with a sunroof, instead. Blowing $1000+ on a new top every so often is NOT how I like to spend my mod money... :nonono:

So you did pick it up huh? Get it lower than the $1900 price?

I'm still hunting for the right one for me. I've got a lead on this 96:

233815.jpg

233816.jpg

About 150K miles on it, and a blown headgasket. Dude wanted $1500 a month ago, and $1200 a couple days ago. I'm thinking a grand in a week will bring it home. Then the LS1 conversion starts.

i'd love a miata but i was standing next to one the other day, being 5'10" and around 210 lbs.... i couldnt see myself in it unless the top was down, and even then, i dont know how much i'd like a bit of my forehead stickin' above the windshield.

I'm 6 foot but only 140lb and fit into a newer miata just fine. I would assume I would fit into an older miata the same. Hmmm, maybe I should swing by Makdaddymac's place and double check before I buy one. :lol:

I soooooo want to do a 5.0 swap into a Miata.....

Evan a bone stock 5.0 would be fun!

Why? 200rwhp at the flywheel in a car that weighs 2500. No offense, thats not hp/weight ratio isn't impressive. Thats basically like a 3200lb fox with 256 at the wheels.

Now a LS1 swap... :) Toss in a cam, with a LS2 intake, and you're a hair over 400rwhp with a 2500lb car. Thats like a fox with 512 at the wheels, yet the LS1 would get over 20mpg easy on the interstate, and maybe even around town. Toss a 100 shot in the trunk, and a 3200lb fox needs 640 at the wheels to keep up.

I'm a mustang fan all the way, but for a insanely fast street car, I'm building a LS1 miata.