Bought lots of Mustangs, sold lots of Mustangs, but the 93 - is never leaving! :)

NotchbackMustang

May 9, 2023
Ohio
Evening for some, Morning for others :), new to the forums and just wanted to say hi! Seems like a ton of good information on here, I'm looking forward to becoming a contributing member - thanks for having me!

Currently working on my 93 Notch, MSPNP2 setup.... and I can say, nothing about it was plug and play, LOL - though I didn't expect it to be "that easy", being designed for the Mustang... I did think it might at least start and run. Oh well - what's the fun in that when it provides the chance to learn a whole new "programming language", MegaSquirt!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey man. Welcome to the forum !!! I also run MSPNP2. There is a learning curve bit it's worth it. I had @a91what help me with the initial startup and tuning. What's your set up ?

Thanks!! Appreciate that and am looking forward to getting this thing figured out. Browsing the web StangNet looked pretty active and, from the many many threads I read, seemed like a good group of people. My setup, a 93 Notchback, NA mild built 306 with B303 cam, Trick Flow Heads, 24lbs injectors, 70mm TB and a factory Ford IAC with Cobra intake, long tube headers, H-Pipe with high flow cats ending in a FlowMaster 2.5" stainless exhaust system.

I've been able to get my timing setup and verified, even have a decent warm idle in the 13.25\13.85 AFR range (still need a pull a tiny bit out of the VE table but I'm going the right direction). Car starts, when I initially set it up it was pig rich (10.75\11.25 AFR) but would idle and warm up, fast forward a week of ever changing weather and now it's 90 degrees here and it still starts, but warm up is terrible (I haven't grasped PWM and fully setting up the IAC yet) and when it finally makes it to idle, idle is still decent, aside from a desire to almost stall on decel (like coming down from a quick throttle blip), I feel like it's almost driveable.. almost. VERY MUCH Still trying to figure out and dial in SUE, ASE and WUE - WUE I think I grasp and I get how they hand off to one another, I just can't seem to get a stable warming up idle, it will surge and hunt as it warms up, gets choppy and then settle into a bit better idle range once she hits 180. I am going to go back through it tonight \ tomorrow and make sure my ASE & WUE are playing nice (as I can) and then would love to start figuring out logging so that I could start to see the errors of my ways :)

The MegaSquirt was something that I always wanted to do to a Mustang and when my ECU died I thought - hot dang, now's the time! LOL - and now I'm thinking shoot, I may never drive this thing again - LOL...