• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Boy, was I missing out!!!! LS1 also called me out!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 95Vert
  • Start date Start date Aug 17, 2005

95Vert

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
1,785
0
0
North Mexico (deep south Texas)
Aug 17, 2005
#1
  • Aug 17, 2005
  • #1
I've had my car for about 2 years and the mods in my sig for over 7 months and I had never really felt what my car could do. Last night on my way home (noone on the road at about 12am) I did a small burn out and romped it, it spun all of first to about 5200 rpm and when I shifted into second, the car just started going sideways. It felt awesome but the fact that I couldn't grip sucked ass. I then took a back road and decided to do it again. I cleaned my tires off a little bit and stalled to about 1400 and let it rip. OH MY GOD, I loved the feeling. It burned the tires up to about 3k and then it griped, I shifted at about 5k and the aode shifted at about 5400, and when 2nd kicked in I screeched the tires and then shifted at about 5100 and it went in at about 5500. When it shifted into 3rd, I just let it hit 4500 rpm and I let off. I did it once more and man was it great. Just a bad ass experience, but I have to admit that I was a little scared.

Oh, and about the LS1, I just met a guy who lives nearby and he was telling me about his trans am. He ran a 13.6 and when he asked me about my car, I told him about my h/c/i upgrade and he called me out. I wasn't about to back down so it should be on anytime soon. He's got an auto with just a borla catback. What do you guys think are my chances?
 

broken_joke

Member
Nov 24, 2004
138
0
16
carriere, ms
Aug 17, 2005
#2
  • Aug 17, 2005
  • #2
yeah it's fun to romp on it sometimes!

the ls1, go for it! if you win or lose it will be a good way to see just how you compare to an f-body!
 

Black95GTS

Active Member
Jan 8, 2004
1,644
3
38
Marlborough, MA
Aug 17, 2005
#3
  • Aug 17, 2005
  • #3
95Vert said:
I've had my car for about 2 years and the mods in my sig for over 7 months and I had never really felt what my car could do. Last night on my way home (noone on the road at about 12am) I did a small burn out and romped it, it spun all of first to about 5200 rpm and when I shifted into second, the car just started going sideways. It felt awesome but the fact that I couldn't grip sucked ass. I then took a back road and decided to do it again. I cleaned my tires off a little bit and stalled to about 1400 and let it rip. OH MY GOD, I loved the feeling. It burned the tires up to about 3k and then it griped, I shifted at about 5k and the aode shifted at about 5400, and when 2nd kicked in I screeched the tires and then shifted at about 5100 and it went in at about 5500. When it shifted into 3rd, I just let it hit 4500 rpm and I let off. I did it once more and man was it great. Just a bad ass experience, but I have to admit that I was a little scared.

Oh, and about the LS1, I just met a guy who lives nearby and he was telling me about his trans am. He ran a 13.6 and when he asked me about my car, I told him about my h/c/i upgrade and he called me out. I wasn't about to back down so it should be on anytime soon. He's got an auto with just a borla catback. What do you guys think are my chances?
Click to expand...

I think you can take him without sweating it too much. Just try NOT to do a 2000 rpm burnout while launching!
 

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
6,892
8
128
N.H.
Aug 17, 2005
#4
  • Aug 17, 2005
  • #4
Should be close....I run mine against my neice's lightly modded Z28 and it all depends on the start...she takes me, then I take her...you come outta the hole good and you got a decent shot at takin him..He'll prolly start gaining in 3rd, so watch out...
 
Y

yellow1995Cobra

New Member
Dec 23, 2002
2,959
2
0
Massachusetts
Aug 17, 2005
#5
  • Aug 17, 2005
  • #5
Id say you will probably lose, if not it will be close. Those auto ls1's are really fast for stock cars.
 

Scott_95GT

New Member
Oct 8, 2004
387
0
0
Sacramento
Aug 17, 2005
#6
  • Aug 17, 2005
  • #6
If he only has a catback, you should beat him.
 
Y

yellow1995Cobra

New Member
Dec 23, 2002
2,959
2
0
Massachusetts
Aug 17, 2005
#7
  • Aug 17, 2005
  • #7
Scott_95GT said:
If he only has a catback, you should beat him.
Click to expand...


That ls1 is most likely a 105-107 mph car in the 1/4. I doubt his 95 vert is that fast ... And in gay street races MPH is all that matters in most cases
 

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,676
1
76
Altoona, PA
Aug 20, 2005
#8
  • Aug 20, 2005
  • #8
I agree with Jesse and think the LS1 will take you. I wish you the best of luck though.
 

95Vert

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
1,785
0
0
North Mexico (deep south Texas)
Aug 22, 2005
#9
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #9
Thanks Paul, and congrats on your new issue on ¨Mustang Enthusiast¨
 

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,676
1
76
Altoona, PA
Aug 22, 2005
#10
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #10
95Vert said:
Thanks Paul, and congrats on your new issue on ¨Mustang Enthusiast¨
Click to expand...


Thanks! I still can't believe its in there!
 

WhiteStallionGT

Member
Aug 19, 2004
465
0
17
Northern VA / VT
Aug 22, 2005
#11
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #11
I honestly think you can take him dude. I dunno if you read my thread or not but I ran a manual z28 ls1 with exhaust, and probably more stuff, and I was behind about 2 cars all the way up to 120. Our cars run very strong, not be underestimated.
 

90_Red_LX

Member
Sep 29, 2003
668
5
19
Asheboro, NC
Aug 22, 2005
#12
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #12
It's gonna be close I think. If you were a 5speed coupe you would definetly take him since he ran a 13.6, but I'm not sure what an auto vert can do. Good luck!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
216
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
399
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
524
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
174
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
356
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?