• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

Brake Pad Replacement

  • Thread starter Thread starter NJBob
  • Start date Start date May 5, 2016

NJBob

Active Member
Dec 18, 2014
102
17
38
NJ
May 5, 2016
#1
  • May 5, 2016
  • #1
Just wondering, My 2015 that I have about 10K miles on and drive a little heavy, but not hard on the brakes. When did anyone of you have to change your pads (How many miles) and what did you replace them with.

I do not have the PP - I have a Premium GT with mods
 

skyline247

Advanced Member
Jul 28, 2014
816
225
73
Cincinnati, OH
May 5, 2016
#2
  • May 5, 2016
  • #2
I don't have a recommendation on what to replace them with but brake pads usually last longer than that. You can just check the thickness of the brake pads and decide if they need to be changed. You may be able to see it through the wheels or you can just take the wheels off and measure.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
 

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
927
134
84
Boston
May 6, 2016
#3
  • May 6, 2016
  • #3
Dude... I regularly drag raced my '04 GT and didn't replace the front brake pads until 60k miles... I did the rear pads at 75k... And I used to hold the brakes during burn outs. I highly doubt your pads are bad... Unless you track the car on the regular, then maybe. Your probably way good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

NJBob

Active Member
Dec 18, 2014
102
17
38
NJ
May 6, 2016
#4
  • May 6, 2016
  • #4
All, I'm sorry for the confusion. They are not bad. It was just a question to get an Idea of when to expect it and what if any different replacement was used.

My pads are Ok and I have no issues...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
493
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
S
CHANGING BRAKE PADS
  • Scwhitten
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
636
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 12, 2026
nickyb
H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
144
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
B
Front brakes not releasing
  • Boats90GT
  • Sep 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
228
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
AeroCoupe
R
Brake Master Cylinder replacement steps for 2016 S550?
  • Reybeast
  • Dec 16, 2024
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
1
Views
586
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Dec 21, 2024
89ripper
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?