• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Brake prop. Valve question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blue85
  • Start date Start date Feb 16, 2021

Blue85

Member
Dec 25, 2020
86
13
18
Florida
Feb 16, 2021
#1
  • Feb 16, 2021
  • #1
Ok so first off bonus points to who can spell proportioning valve with out auyy ty o correct.

more importantly I have a 1985 valve I am using. The original had a 2 prong plastic pressure switch in it. Can anyone tell me what size this is. It is not 1/8
 

KRUISR

10 Year Member
Apr 16, 2015
1,862
999
143
Feb 17, 2021
#2
  • Feb 17, 2021
  • #2
Pics always help with a question like this.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
Feb 18, 2021
#3
  • Feb 18, 2021
  • #3
He's talking about this. I'm actually not sure the fitting size. Have you removed it?



edit: I believe it’s 3/8-24

 
Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
B

Bird76Mojo

5 Year Member
Jul 12, 2018
66
38
28
Central Illinois
Feb 20, 2021
#4
  • Feb 20, 2021
  • #4
I've had luck in the past by searching Rockauto for the part and then clicking on the details. Sometimes they'll list the thread pitch and diameter..
 

KRUISR

10 Year Member
Apr 16, 2015
1,862
999
143
Feb 20, 2021
#5
  • Feb 20, 2021
  • #5
I do exactly what Bird76Mojo said. If I am trying to find a part, I usually look there first, a lot of the listings give dimensional specs which is amazing when trying to cross reference or interchange parts.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
Feb 20, 2021
#6
  • Feb 20, 2021
  • #6
I think it’s 3/8-24
 

Blue85

Member
Dec 25, 2020
86
13
18
Florida
Feb 21, 2021
#7
  • Feb 21, 2021
  • #7
Yes it is 3/8-24 went a couple of places with the valve in hand to try to find a plug and that was it. Just didn’t find a plug. Going to see if I can find one online might just have to order a new switch thought about buying a bolt running it in and cutting it off flush
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
Feb 21, 2021
#8
  • Feb 21, 2021
  • #8
Threaded Plugs, Plug with External Hex Drive, 3/8"-24 UN/UNF Thread Male

McMaster-Carr

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.
www.mcmaster.com
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
351
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
D
Brakes 1966 Mustang convertible 289, Auto - Disc brake conversion issues
  • DRGunn427
  • Feb 26, 2025
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
5
Views
786
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jul 23, 2026
All Stock93
M
Progress Thread mnky99 2001 V6 evap core, ac compressor, heater core replacement
  • mnky99
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
636
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 5, 2025
mnky99
M
SOLD SOLD!!!! 1993 Notchback Roadracer For Sale. She's a beast!
  • Boydster
  • Apr 25, 2025
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
0
Views
1K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Apr 25, 2025
Boydster
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?