Brake Swap... Need help plz!

Jaym14

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island, N.Y.
I'm currently gathering all the parts for my brake swap. So far I've picked up a set of front and rear cobra rotors for 50$ and a brand new 10th Anniversary Cobra Front & Rear Brake Caliper set for about 350$. I'm going to go with 94-95 spindles when I find a good deal on them. I'm unsure about a few things and need some help:

1. which brakes lines will work with these calipers? (prefer stainless)
2. which caliper brackets, dust shields, bano bolts and other misc. hardware will work (i.e. from which year/model)
3. which m/c should I use? 93 cobra, 94/95, or????

• Sponsors (?)

for brake hoses, i'd use maximum motorsports #MMBK7F (frames wont let me give a link directly to the part on their site). comes with the proper coarse-thread banjo bolt, and adapts the sn95 style lines to the fox hardlines.

brackets and such depend on what rear axle youre running, sn-95 lengthe axles can use the cobra/mach1/bullit kit (theres a ford racing kit for sn95 to use the cobra brakes, too lazy for part #). fox lenght axles need brackets from north racecars.

im using a 93 cobra master cylinder and booster on mine (fronts only), works awesome but putting the booster in was a pita. will be with any booster upgrade though, supposedly any other ones are even worse to install.

Look into the M-2300-M kit for the rear disks. It comes with everything you need minus the rear calipers for the back. It's about $175 for that kit. In addition to the kit, you'll need rear brake lines for a 94-95 Mustang (max motorsports sells a SS kit), 94-98 axles and the calipers.

Up front, 94-95 spindles are your best option. Dust sheilds don't matter since there is only 1 shield for all 94-04 Mustangs. If you go with SS lines get them for a Fox mustang. No adapter will be needed to adapt to the body lines but you may need to change the banjo bolts depending on if you have coarse or fine threaded calipers.

93 Cobra MC and booster seems to be the way to go these days. Also make sure you pick up an adjustable prop valve the the plug to gut the stock prop valve.

You'll also need 0.330" spacers for the fox balljoints unless you swap to SN95 balljoints.

For the e-brake, you'll need to modify the stock handle and need the following cables. Summit racing has them.

M-2809-A x 2
M-2810-A

Here are the directions:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-2300-K.pdf

1st page has a parts list for you to check off

Have fun, it's not a difficult swap to do..just requires time to get all the parts.