Bucktag decode?

351pacecar

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2001
Hudson, Wisconsin
Need a little help with a buck tag decode, I could do the door tag by memory at this point but the stamped buck tag is giving me trouble (I dont have a door tag for this particular car btw)

Its:

0F02F188542 63A 6 115
BB

The vin is obvious, and 63a is fastback standard interior, the 6 I believe is 8" 3.00 open rear end, and the BB is medium blue interior which is all correct, but I can't figure the 115 out, what the hell is that? Maybe wrong spacing and its acutally 2 codes?

Edit: if it were 2 codes, that would mean that its probably the tranny code and the dso, because i think the car originally came with a 3 spd stick which would fit the 1 (its cut around the stick so i cant even tell if it was originall manual or auto) and the 15 would be a newark dso (quite a haul from new jersey).

• Sponsors (?)

according to an article I just read in Mustang Monthly, the buck tag was more of a coded instruction for the assembly line worker to read. It really doesnt seem to clarify options that the car had. My buck tag has the vin and some other number, and has GT stamped in it too. My car is a GT, but from the article it isnt clear as to what the buck tag was used for. Cars that came from the San Jose plant only used them for the '70 model year and then were never used again. Hope this was some help.