Building the 3.3l inline

Sweetmarie66

Dec 29, 2017
Hey folks! Well the time has come to rebuild the inline 6 in our 66, here's what I'm asking, have any of you done a newer model 3.3 liter swap? I can source these easily here in town, I want to get rid of the pesky log head and single barrel carb, have heard of folks doing 1 into 2 v conversions but really don't want to go that route, what I'm wondering is if the bell housing will work with the tremec t-5 I currently have mated to the 200 inline. Also if a newer 200 or 300 inline 6 has the 5/16 hex shaft oil pump drive as I also have a very expensive custom curved dui distributor that I also want to reuse. As well as the split header. I'm going to have a bazillion questions as we go along and I know there are some really knowledgeable folks on here, I remember one fella in particular, just can't recall his handle, and ways any advice or experiences would be awesome folks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

You can't get away from the log head unless you go to Australian stuff. If your current trans bolts up it will work on the newer block. I believe all 200s had 5/16 oil pump shaft. It was the 170/144 that had the skinny one. I had a 63 Ranchero I had a 200 in. Mods I did were 2bbl Weber, DSII Ignition, 1 wire GM alternator, SROD trans. Ran really well and got 20+ mpg hwy.

Reactions: 1 user
You can't get away from the log head unless you go to Australian stuff. If your current trans bolts up it will work on the newer block. I believe all 200s had 5/16 oil pump shaft. It was the 170/144 that had the skinny one. I had a 63 Ranchero I had a 200 in. Mods I did were 2bbl Weber, DSII Ignition, 1 wire GM alternator, SROD trans. Ran really well and got 20+ mpg hwy.
Thanks man! I know I'm stuck with that dam log but was curious if any one ran a 250 head on a 200, mine is also 5/16 hex.

250 head is the same, 250s had a 1/2" longer stroke, 250 is also a couple inches longer and barely fits in the Falcon. I'm not sure if the 300 would fit in the stang engine bay. It won't in the Falcon too long too tall.