Bumper Brackets

Camshaft78

Sep 1, 2004
I was thinking about tucking my bumpers in closer to the body. To accomplish this, I was planning on milling new holes into the bumper brackets. Has anyone done this before? How close to the body have you gotten? Unfortunately, my front fenders and header planel are off at the moment, otherwise I would figure this out myself.

• Sponsors (?)

I found out when I put my front bumper back on, that one of my bumper shocks was actually in about 3/4 of an inch from where it should be. The top of the bumper contacts the header panel in the corner and kind of wrinkles the bumper cover. To tuck the bumpers in, you might have to modify your covers, or maybe your header panel. As far as milling your brackets, I guess it would be feasable as long as you dont mind modifying other things as well.

I don't mind modifying other things as well to make it work. One of the things I dislike about '70s American cars is the bumpers. They all seem to stick out too far. I'll probably adress the other modifications when I get closer to re-assembly.