Bumper/ Headlight Assembly got messsed the **** up, need help!!

bgbg22

Dec 5, 2005
P1130480.jpg

P1130479.jpg

P1130481.jpg

Ok heres, the story, i bought the car for real cheap. I got 1500 off for stupid stuff. This is one of them, i figure it minor becvause of the money i saved. The person hit something, maybe guardrail, the fiberglass cracked, its a tiny crack, but its still noticable up close. And it snapped in the pictures right where the hood latch is. My dilemma is this:::

Do i buy a stock bumper, get it painted, and then buy the headlight assemblies?

Do i stick with the stock headlight asssemblies, and cut like a metup bracket or something n attach the bumper to that where the snap is on the plastic in the photos.

Or do i buy the cobra r front bumper, get it painted, fitted? i need your help:bang:

Attachments

• P1130480.jpg
    P1130480.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 111
  • P1130479.jpg
    P1130479.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 106
  • P1130481.jpg
    P1130481.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Sponsors (?)

The cheap way out is to buy a grille reinforcement, as long as your bumper is in good shape it will save you some money by doing it yourself. Try this link for a reinforcement. Click Here.
Just use a flat black spray paint so it won't stick out, because they come unpainted in the gray composite they are molded in. Its alittle time consuming, but is easy work. Basically removing your lights and various other items (maybe even the bumper cover itself, can't remember). But should only take a couple of hours.

If your bumper is messed up, you're still gonna need this item, wether you go with an after market bumper or something stock. Save a few bucks and do it yourself. (Unless insurance is footing the bill)

silver4.6 said:
The cheap way out is to buy a grille reinforcement, as long as your bumper is in good shape it will save you some money by doing it yourself. Try this link for a reinforcement. Click Here.
Just use a flat black spray paint so it won't stick out, because they come unpainted in the gray composite they are molded in. Its alittle time consuming, but is easy work. Basically removing your lights and various other items (maybe even the bumper cover itself, can't remember). But should only take a couple of hours.

If your bumper is messed up, you're still gonna need this item, wether you go with an after market bumper or something stock. Save a few bucks and do it yourself. (Unless insurance is footing the bill)

But that piece that snapped off, isnt that part of the headlight assembly? Dont i need to replace them?

bgbg22 said:
But that piece that snapped off, isnt that part of the headlight assembly? Dont i need to replace them?
No, the headlight reinforcement panel is what the headlights clip to. And you can get it cheaper at 50resto.com. I ordered one because mine cracked in the same place. I think it was $50. It's not on their website, but call and ask for the headlight support panel for your year. It's also easy to replace. Pop out the headlights, take off the bumper cover, then it's like 8-10 bolts holding the crash piece on.