Buying a New Mustang... Opinions, things to look for.

Mathulus

Jun 26, 2005
Lowell, MA
Hey guys, havent posted in a bit but was actually thinking about buying another stang and wanted to run it by the people in here cause you gys know your ****. alright heres the deal... its a 1994 convertable with 94k miles. let me know what you think, what to look for when test driving it, and if its a good deal.

Hi, Sorry for the late response but I have been away. I do not have pictures, however the Mustang is dark green with tan leather interior and tan top. Modifications are: 3.73 gears, 70mm trottle body, Aluminum underdrive pullies, Hi flow cold air intake, Accel super coil and perfomance plug wires, Headers, X-pipe, Borla mufflers, Stainless steel exhaust tips. Interior upgrades include aluminum a/c knobs, aluminum dash insert, alpine detachable face six speaker CD stereo. I was planning to rebuild this performance machine so I also have more performance parts still in the box: Trick Flow Upper and lower Intake manifold, Trick Flow Cam, Trick Flow Aluminum valve covers, Performance fuel regulator, Dual timing chain. The car simply purrs at idle and roars when the throttle is pressed. Book value is $5,400, with the upgrades I should be asking $7,000-$7,500. This is a quick sale price at $4,400. Once you've seen it, if you're serious you'll drive home with it.

Mathulus

• Sponsors (?)

seems somewhat shady. He's giving you an intake and cam but no heads and you have to do all the work yourself. it doesn't sound like a bad deal, but i would go over that with a FINE TOOTH comb. check everything. look for overspray in the fenders to see if it was in an accident. get a carfax like said. check underneath for rust and leaks and stuff like that.

He's asking $7,000-$7,500 but will take a quick sale of $4400. That's a pretty big drop in price. Seems like he might be tryin to rush someone into buying the car impulsively without looking it over completely. But do what was said above and ask him if you can take it to your mechanic. Even if you don't have a mechanic to take it to, just see what his reaction is.