For Sale By Original Owner--1986 GT Convertible Jalapeno Red/White Leather Murfreesboro, TN

$4000. 263k. Only 2,770 made in this configuration. My wife bought it new in December of 1986 as a gift to herself after graduating from nursing school. She swore she'd never sell it but priorities change in 32 years. It was her daily driver until February of 2009 and the odo reflects that. The stuff that counts is all original. No silly plastic body parts or street racer engine modifications. We replaced the top many years ago, and the dashboard, speakers, radio, and hood decal in 2002. It's on its second clutch. The tires and battery are new. We have the original window sticker and owner's manual that will go to the buyer. It feels good on the road and is still a hoot to drive. Its needs are primarily cosmetic, though there are a couple of issues which for transparency I'll enumerate: The climate control lever slides but won't change the setting off of defrost. The power door locks don't work--you need the key. The driver's side quarter window won't go up--that's a new development--the motor whirrs but the window doesn't move. We're planning to get a new motor and may have that installed by the sale date or we may just give the buyer the new motor. The dash light that indicates a right turn signal is out. The Marchal fog lights, while present and in their original covers, never worked correctly to my wife's knowledge. And the driver's seat...well, it was sat on. Modest fixes for someone who knows how to turn a wrench but that's not my gift. Now, the price--I know that this approximate vintage with this kind of mileage runs $2k-2.5k on stangnet. While we'd like to sell it and free up some space we don't necessarily have to. Reasonable offers considered. Please, no lowballs. More pictures/info upon request.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 296
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 304
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg