Progress Thread C-4 To 3 Speed Toploader

• Sponsors (?)

i think the output splines are the same depending on what year of each transmission you are talking about. personally i think that swapping to a T5 would be a better option, you get two more gears, one being an overdrive, which means better flexibility in day to day driving. you can also use a lower rear gear to get more dig off the line, and still cruse on the freeway at a reasonable rpm. and the T5 should also have the same output splines as the C4. if not then you can always pick up the correct output yoke from a variety of sources.

i think the output splines are the same depending on what year of each transmission you are talking about. personally i think that swapping to a T5 would be a better option, you get two more gears, one being an overdrive, which means better flexibility in day to day driving. you can also use a lower rear gear to get more dig off the line, and still cruse on the freeway at a reasonable rpm. and the T5 should also have the same output splines as the C4. if not then you can always pick up the correct output yoke from a variety of sources.

I agree a T5 would be better but I know where I can get 2 different 3 speed at. one is from 65 mustang with 200 I-6 and the other one is out of a 69 mustang