Cai And Rain

NJBob

Dec 18, 2014
NJ
Looking to do either the Ford Power Pack two or the BBK CAI and Throttle Body. My concern is the open vent from the hood. Been searching the forums and really don't see a lot about it. I ride in Rain as I use my car for commuting.

I do have the resonator delete and Roush exhaust and a tune currently with the K&N drop in air filter. Car runs strong, no lag. But as we all know I want more.

Any experience? suggestions? conversation?

Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Looking to do either the Ford Power Pack two or the BBK CAI and Throttle Body. My concern is the open vent from the hood. Been searching the forums and really don't see a lot about it. I ride in Rain as I use my car for commuting.

I do have the resonator delete and Roush exhaust and a tune currently with the K&N drop in air filter. Car runs strong, no lag. But as we all know I want more.

Any experience? suggestions? conversation?

Thanks

I have heard of nothing but good things about the Power Packs. I would go with the Ford version over the BBK.

I'm personally just saving for the Roush Supercharger kit- better bang for the buck (I understand its 10x the price, but cost per horsepower is cheaper)

I have the ford racing stage 2 power pack, and it's well worth the money. Out of the 3, the stage 2 gives you the best bang for the buck as it also includes the 87 mm throttle body from the gt 350 engine. Ford claims 21 hp to the wheels and 40 ft lbs more tq at 1500 rpm and you can definitely feel it. Late Model Restoration has a install video of the kit and they got 26 hp to the wheels, but they ran 93 octane and ford ran 91. BTW the 87 mm TB requires special tuning to get it to run correctly and this kit comes with a tune straight from ford and it runs flawlessly. Before I bought this kit, I tried to go cheap and just buy the TB, a CAI, and a custom tune. I spent $600 and it ran like crap. I sent it all back and had to eat 250 on the tune and the loss of value in the parts because they now were used. I should have just bought the stage 2 in the beginning. Learn from my mistake, don't cheap out, buy the ford stage 2 now and enjoy it.

Also the open vent in the hood is farther back than the open top of the airbox so no water gets in.

Last edited:
I have the ford racing stage 2 power pack, and it's well worth the money. Out of the 3, the stage 2 gives you the best bang for the buck as it also includes the 87 mm throttle body from the gt 350 engine. Ford claims 21 hp to the wheels and 40 ft lbs more tq at 1500 rpm and you can definitely feel it. Late Model Restoration has a install video of the kit and they got 26 hp to the wheels, but they ran 93 octane and ford ran 91. BTW the 87 mm TB requires special tuning to get it to run correctly and this kit comes with a tune straight from ford and it runs flawlessly. Before I bought this kit, I tried to go cheap and just buy the TB, a CAI, and a custom tune. I spent $600 and it ran like crap. I sent it all back and had to eat 250 on the tune and the loss of value in the parts because they now were used. I should have just bought the stage 2 in the beginning. Learn from my mistake, don't cheap out, buy the ford stage 2 now and enjoy it.

Also the open vent in the hood is farther back than the open top of the airbox so no water gets in.
Thanks for confirming the info about the water from hood vent. I just ordered it from lmr and should have it and installed by next Saturday.