Californa Special deck lid

• Sponsors (?)

here is one, i also have a pic of one with a straight 6 i saw at a local show, i'll see if i can find it.

caspec1.jpg

Ronstang said:
THEY do not....but YOU can!!!!!!!!

Well, that was my plan because i didn't think anyone did, but i don't think that i would be able to make the quarter panel extentions.. or even if i could i'm not sure if i could make two the exact same.. i'm just an all steel type guy, not a huge fan of fiberglass.

gt/cs, man thats a nice car. were did u pick that up?

none67 said:
Well, that was my plan because i didn't think anyone did, but i don't think that i would be able to make the quarter panel extentions.. or even if i could i'm not sure if i could make two the exact same.. i'm just an all steel type guy, not a huge fan of fiberglass.

You could fab the quarter extensions if you had a glass one to use to get a pattern. Invert patterns for other side and you would have identical pieces...at least they would be closer to the same than the POS glass ones you can buy. My buddy bought the glass trunk/qtr exts and they are pure junk. I thought about doing it in metal and it would be fun and rewarding but it is not my car and I am not going to put that much effort into custom stuff for OP.

Ronstang said:
You could fab the quarter extensions if you had a glass one to use to get a pattern. Invert patterns for other side and you would have identical pieces...at least they would be closer to the same than the POS glass ones you can buy. My buddy bought the glass trunk/qtr exts and they are pure junk. I thought about doing it in metal and it would be fun and rewarding but it is not my car and I am not going to put that much effort into custom stuff for OP.

well, that would be ideal but you talking to a "young" guy here. i'm not makin a whole lot of money, infact i'm not sure how i'm going to get the car done, but i'll make it happen.

with that being said you can see that it would be impossible for me to buy the 'glass parts then make a copy. also 'glass is expensive, and the price of steel isn't exactly helping any.

i mean theres nothing wrong 'glass, but steel is just so.. so.. i dunno i can't describe it. it seems that VERY few people understand that now a days though, half the stuff out there is 'glass and everyone wants the "new" and "high" tech stuff. and its even not the much lighter, and sure as hell isn't as strong. sorry about the rant, i'm just getting sick of all the stuff people say to me about 'glass vs. steel.

I just put a fiberglass spoilered decklid on my 66....one word...NIGHTMARE. We have 27 hours of reworking it, trimming, and fiberglass work to get it to fit and look right.....and it still looks like crap.

I got it from Mustang Depot. I have no idea how they figured the end caps would even remotely fit on a car...let alone the decklid.

"Fiberglass is built for race cars and may require some modification to fit properly"

Should read "If you buy this, be prepared to have an experienced body man at your side, plan on spending much more in materials, and there is no way this will fit right unless you put in about 100 hours worth of work."