CALLING ALL 2011 OWNERS, YOUR VOICES ARE NEEDED

BlakWynd

Jul 3, 2005
OK first off I've been on Stangnet for years but I never post. Never felt the undying need to comment on a thread let alone start one. Until now! If you own a 2011 mustang and opted for SYNC (as 75% of new mustang owners have) you've been done an injustice by FoMoCo. By now you've all heard about Ford's APPLINK app which allows SYNC to control smart phone apps like Pandora and Stitcher. Problem is 2012 mustangs come with it factory installed while 2011 are left out in the cold. Fiestas got a free upgrade via Syncmyride.com.... so why can't the mustang? Everything I've read seems to say the SYNC sytems in 2012s and 2011s are mechanically identical. The difference is software, software they give for free to fiesta owners. We as 2011 owners need to tell Ford that we also want this upgrade on principle alone. I like most of you feel cheated and want this fixed. If for some reason this means nothing to you then I beseech you to help your fellow mustang owners anyway. Next time it could be something you do care about and we'll help you. Make a comment on Ford's website(link below) and let FoMoCo know that having life long customers means more than taking our money. It means sticking by us as much as we stick by them. How many of you have had heated arguments with non Ford auto enthusiasts? You defend them against foreign and domestic competitors. We defend Ford because we believe in their products and trust in them to be more than just a car company. Lets see if they see us as more than dollar $ign$. USA! USA! USA!:flag: No but seriosly SYNC was supposed to be upgradeable, that's part of its selling point. We bought it they should upgrade it... so please help me and yourselves by demanding 2011's get APPLINK. The Ford Story: Bring Applink to 2011 Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

Hey, that's me :nice: Glad to see the idea getting some traction. I understand Ford having it as an incentive for the 2012 model but I just hope that they eventually bring it to the 2011 Mustang as well. If we do eventually get a Sync update and it doesn't include AppLink then that is total BS.

How is SYNC upgraded? If it's a user install I would expect you would be able to get it for free at some point. But would you be willing to pay for the upgrade if it's a dealer install? Almost like a navigation DVD upgrade or such?

I see it much like the other new standard options on the '12 like HomeLink or selectable steering.

You can upgrade SYNC by going to syncmyride.com and download to a USB thumbdrive. Plug it in to the cars USB port run a download in one of the advanced functions. Then return to your computer to upload the data only to get the most current version of SYNC. Which you then plug back in to the car to finally upgrade SYNC. I never intended for anyone to pay for it. I'm just saying if a $16,000 dollar car gets it for nothing then a mustang worth two or three times as much should friggin get it too. By the way HomeLink was on the 10's removed from the 11's and returned for the 12's.

I wasn't arguing with you or even of the opinion that it should be a paid upgrade. That's why I asked the question. If the upgrade process is that easy, I agree that it should be available for free. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Are you sure about HomeLink for the 2010? I could find it as a dealer installable option but nowhere have I ever seen that it was a factory option.

l was not directing any hostilities toward you jaybertx nor did l think you were disputing anything l said . I was just answering your upgade question. :D oh and about homelink it wasn't available on either 10's or 11's. However Ford was listing it as part of the convenience pkg. So...oops :shrug:

Hi BlakWynd,

I can’t speculate on future availability for the AppLink feature, but I do know that our SYNC Engineering team is working hard to make it available for various vehicle lines. Additional information will be posted to SYNCMyRide.com at a later date.

Thanks for your interest and feedback regarding AppLink!

~Natasha

Thanks for taking the time to address my concerns Natasha:nice:. Wish it was to tell me we would eventually get APPLINK :cry:. At least someone at FoMoCo is listening to the customer. Hopefully it will get done cause APPLINK is a very useful addition to SYNC. One that makes shelling out for the Nav a little less painful. Well here's to wishful drinking :cheers:... uh I mean THINKING yeah

OK first off I've been on Stangnet for years but I never post. Never felt the undying need to comment on a thread let alone start one. Until now! If you own a 2011 mustang and opted for SYNC (as 75% of new mustang owners have) you've been done an injustice by FoMoCo. By now you've all heard about Ford's APPLINK app which allows SYNC to control smart phone apps like Pandora and Stitcher. Problem is 2012 mustangs come with it factory installed while 2011 are left out in the cold. Fiestas got a free upgrade via Syncmyride.com.... so why can't the mustang? Everything I've read seems to say the SYNC sytems in 2012s and 2011s are mechanically identical. The difference is software, software they give for free to fiesta owners. We as 2011 owners need to tell Ford that we also want this upgrade on principle alone. I like most of you feel cheated and want this fixed. If for some reason this means nothing to you then I beseech you to help your fellow mustang owners anyway. Next time it could be something you do care about and we'll help you. Make a comment on Ford's website(link below) and let FoMoCo know that having life long customers means more than taking our money. It means sticking by us as much as we stick by them. How many of you have had heated arguments with non Ford auto enthusiasts? You defend them against foreign and domestic competitors. We defend Ford because we believe in their products and trust in them to be more than just a car company. Lets see if they see us as more than dollar $ign$. USA! USA! USA!:flag: No but seriosly SYNC was supposed to be upgradeable, that's part of its selling point. We bought it they should upgrade it... so please help me and yourselves by demanding 2011's get APPLINK. The Ford Story: Bring Applink to 2011 Mustang
My 07 Escalade didn't come with Bluetooth, but the 08 got it as a standard feature in the same trim as mine. Should Cadillac give me Bluetooth for free? I wish they would, but definitely not. That is how manufacturers make money, especially when the previous year is still available at a reduced price on the new car lot. Why a toilet on wheels like the Fiesta got it for free I cannot even begin to answer, but I wouldn't hold your breath no matter how many people petition Ford. Just my opinion, so feel free to flush it like the stinky turd it usually is.

Here we go again:nonono:. Its not a hardware issue, they already got their money for a SYNC system. Your Escalade doesn't have a Bluetooth antenna so it needs one to communicate with bluetooth devices. That's not the case with the mustang, its software. Which they marketed as UPGRADEABLE! Apples and Oranges my friend or in this case Apples and Andriods. Is it really that hard for people to get behind this? If everyone who read this would just write a one line respone backing the thread this would have steamrolled itself into a fix from FORD by now. Seriously I'm not whining about spilt milk. I'm pointing out an injustice to Mustang buyers. I want to help everyone in my shoes HELP themselves. Oh and on a side note the fiesta is the best little car I've ever seen. Saw it at the NYIAS with all of its competitors and it out shined everything else in both price and product. It's no Escalade but it's not really trying to be. No need to insult the little guy:nono:

Green 94 5.0,

Ouch, not a Fiesta-lover, hmm? That's ok, we are actively looking at adding it to other lines. Your opinions do get noticed. :)

~Natasha
Certainly don't want to hijack the thread, but for sports cars and trucks, I would buy nothing but a Ford. I have owned my fair share of Mustangs over the years and a couple F-150's. However if I was looking for a 4cyl economy car, Honda, Toyota, and Nissan would have my business hands down before an American automaker. I know many people who bought the Focus only to regret every second of it. Just not willing to travel down that road is all.

Good luck to you guys with the update fight.....

Thanks for taking the time to address my concerns Natasha:nice:. Wish it was to tell me we would eventually get APPLINK :cry:. At least someone at FoMoCo is listening to the customer. Hopefully it will get done cause APPLINK is a very useful addition to SYNC. One that makes shelling out for the Nav a little less painful. Well here's to wishful drinking :cheers:... uh I mean THINKING yeah

Hi BlakWynd,

I wish it was to tell you a definitive answer also. We are researching it, however. Don't lose hope. :)

~Natasha