Camber(s)

Evan9

Mar 11, 2017
San Jose
Hello,

I read above that this community is about (1) introducing youself and (2) what/problem brought me here.

1. Evan, Marketing, Car Parts Investing, Rookie Weekend Mechanic looking to expand his tool box.

2. I've read many threads and I'd like to introduce you to the one that brought me here:

CAMBER(S) - FRONT

The camber on the front driver side is more negative than on the front passenger side. Purchased hubcentric spacers and that became clear. Considering that the driver side is close to flush with the fender and the passenger side isn't, (1) I'm wondering what could cause such a difference in camber, and (2) how would you go about getting the passenger side camber to look more like the driver side?

What's not/on the car:

• H&R Springs
• 3 point strut tower brace
• Previous owner mentioned it had "camber" at the time of purchase
• I don't see any signs of camber plates or bolts

Thanks in advance,
Evan

Attachments

• IMG_5983.PNG
    IMG_5983.PNG
    943.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_5984.jpg
    IMG_5984.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5985.PNG
    IMG_5985.PNG
    940.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_5986.PNG
    IMG_5986.PNG
    925.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5989.PNG
    IMG_5989.PNG
    970.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_5990.PNG
    IMG_5990.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 154
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

See the nuts and the bolt around the top of your struts?
IMG_0487.JPG

You use these to adjust your caster and camber. It's not terribly hard, just takes a little bit of measuring.

Look around our '96-'04 subforums, you'll get lots of help there for your mustang. Fact is maybe start a new thread in the Tech section there about this subject. Make the title something like, "Need help with camber adjustment".

You'll have lots of people chime in to help you out.

It's good to have you with us.

IMG_5995.JPG
Welcome to Stangnet.

See the nuts and the bolt around the top of your struts?
IMG_0487.JPG

You use these to adjust your caster and camber. It's not terribly hard, just takes a little bit of measuring.

Look around our '96-'04 subforums, you'll get lots of help there for your mustang. Fact is maybe start a new thread in the Tech section there about this subject. Make the title something like, "Need help with camber adjustment".

You'll have lots of people chime in to help you out.

It's good to have you with us.

Thank you for the direction Dave. Although I wasn't able to match the driver side exactly, I was able to get the wheel and tire under the fender with your pointer.

I will peruse through the sub forms to see how I can get them to match (either with plates/bolts/etc) with percision. Glad I joined!

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_5995.JPG

Thank you for the direction Dave. Although I wasn't able to match the driver side exactly, I was able to get the wheel and tire under the fender with your pointer.

I will peruse through the sub forms to see how I can get them to match (either with plates/bolts/etc) with percision. Glad I joined!
Maximum Motorsports makes about the best CC plates to me. Though there are a number of other companies that make really good ones though.

Reactions: 1 user