Camshaft recommendations

• Sponsors (?)

Well there's lots of options out there. People go with those because they're the best known. I went with a set from Cushman Motorsports because I'd heard great things about them and also because I was able to get them for $600 on a Black Friday sale a few years back. Lunati also makes several sets of cams for the 4.6 3V, and I know there are others as well. NSR cams give about the same results regardless of brand, so it comes down to what sound you want and what kind of deal you can find.

Well there's lots of options out there. People go with those because they're the best known. I went with a set from Cushman Motorsports because I'd heard great things about them and also because I was able to get them for $600 on a Black Friday sale a few years back. Lunati also makes several sets of cams for the 4.6 3V, and I know there are others as well. NSR cams give about the same results regardless of brand, so it comes down to what sound you want and what kind of deal you can find.
I’d like to have a ferocious lope while still maintaining a decent price tag; have you had any issues with the cushman and do you have a video on the sound?

Well, the cushmans may not be quite what you want then, they have a nice cold idle lope but once the car warms up it's not as pronounced.

Example, this is a cold start with some mufflers that were basically just hollow resonators when I was testing them out:
View: https://youtu.be/UYSzu_W1wls
It's not this lumpy once the engine warms up but it still shakes the car pretty good. If you want the lope you might as well stick with one of the big names like the Detroit Rockers or FRPP Hot Rods as they are "sound" cams.

Couple things to be aware of with cams- 1, you should have long tube headers with them to maximize power and minimize your bottom end power loss. 2, charge motion deletes are a good idea with cams especially because they can cause bucking at low speeds, and 3, on my car the cold idle driveability is rough, most cams are probably like that.