can my mustang be used for pick up truck duties?

Sadly, this isnt a joke. :rlaugh: Im going to a mustang meet this sunday, its in a town about an hour away. I need to pick up an off road H pipe from a guy who happens to live in this town, so it would save me a trip if I could go pick up the pipe after the meet. Maybe its just my inner redneck coming out ;) but I was wondering if there was any way of taking the pipe home in the back of my stang with the top down. Its going to be a sunny day, and I could wrap it in a thick blanket and tie it off to the front seats and have it going out the back. Im not sure how big these pipes are, is there any chance of this working or am I better off driving the truck down there some other day?

• Sponsors (?)

hes got a vert, he could just sorta stand it up behind the front seats and lean it against the back ones. would be fine as long as he coverd his interior parts with a blanket

i fit an h-pipe and a ton of suspension parts in my car b4

also to get my wheels/tires mounted/balenced i drive to the tire place with 4 18" tires and 4 18" rims stuffed in my car :lol:

the back seat doens't go down in the vert...

Guess how I know that... also guess how I have moved a couple H-pipes... It works...

you got it, the back seats dont go down in a vert... but the top does ;)

so youve actually done this a few times? did you just wrap the pipe in a blanket and put one end down into the rear passenger foot area and one end out over the trunk? I have some nylon webbing, so Im thinking i can tie the pipe to the front seats and perhaps even to the spoiler on the other end for some added security (I know the spoiler isnt meant to hold weight, but this will just keep it from moving back and forth in turns and not really take alot of force) maybe you could share your method, Im going out on sunday. Thanks :nice:

you got it, the back seats dont go down in a vert... but the top does ;)

so youve actually done this a few times? did you just wrap the pipe in a blanket and put one end down into the rear passenger foot area and one end out over the trunk? I have some nylon webbing, so Im thinking i can tie the pipe to the front seats and perhaps even to the spoiler on the other end for some added security (I know the spoiler isnt meant to hold weight, but this will just keep it from moving back and forth in turns and not really take alot of force) maybe you could share your method, Im going out on sunday. Thanks :nice:

I'll be honest with you, my interior is not worth protecting, but that is what I did, shove it behind the passenger seta, lean it on the rear seat and drive off man...

I'll be honest with you, my interior is not worth protecting, but that is what I did, shove it behind the passenger seta, lean it on the rear seat and drive off man...

I didnt realize these pipes were so small, i just wrapped it in a blanket and did what you did, didnt need to tie anything. for some reason I thought it would be much bigger

I cant wait to get 'er hooked up :nice: see ya later cats

I didnt realize these pipes were so small, i just wrapped it in a blanket and did what you did, didnt need to tie anything. for some reason I thought it would be much bigger

I cant wait to get 'er hooked up :nice: see ya later cats

Crap i could of told ya that i picked up three this way... blanket over the back seats the h part over the hump between the 2 back seats on the floor... it rests on your seats and the pipes hook under the front seat

It will actually fit with just you back seats down through your trunk. I fit the catback and H pipe from an 04 GT.

I did the same thing when I swapped out the stock H-pipe for the off-road pipe I have on my car right now. I didn't have anywhere else to put it, so I put the seats down and laid the pipe inside the trunk.

Of course. Hopefully you can split it in the middle. But if he welded it, you can't take it apart. But it will fit in a vert. I took one home the same way when I had a vert in 2000.