Can't Flash Pcm For The Ford Performance Pack Tune .

Ecostang15

Jan 7, 2018
the Ford dealership tried to install my performance pack today, but the car wouldn't take the software, they couldn't flash the pcm, so there is a no go there. Anybody have trouble with ford performance tunes? what could cause the pcm not to flash?

• Sponsors (?)

A few other people have mentioned similar issues. There's a post in this forum, (read it last night) where they were able to get around it by doing a procedure where the throttle was raised to 4000 RPM after startup if I'm not mistaken. Had to do it a few times. Look at the other posts and Im sure you'll find it. Might work for you, too.

Did it this morning, I had a local ETD business do the work after talking to the manager. They do all my maintenance work so I know I could trust them. First off the instruction on the initial set up are not the clearest. You cant get the tune downloaded until you plug in the laptop with the provided cord and connector. This is after registering on line and getting the ProCal3 software.

Once the software is installed on the laptop, you then can connect to the car to get your information, then you get the Tune download from Ford.

It took them 2 hours to do the physical install of the CAI and Throttle body. The Tune took another hour, because we ran into trouble. The Cam sensor was not reading and throwing an error code. We re-installed the tune twice as required by the instructions. Still no good. We couldn't clear that error. Then he tried the Snap on reader and it still wouldn't reset.

I called Ford Racing technical assistance and he was great, stayed on the phone as we ran through some checks. We needed to run a Auto Learn. This was done by starting the car, then blipping the throttle to 4,000 rpm's until the code cleared. It took about 4 tries and BAM....done.

The car is a beast. just hitting the throttle and I'm popping 3,000 just like that, the pull, throttle response and sound of the car is awesome. Also by removing the sound tube the car is much quitter inside no drone, which with the resonator delete and Rouch exhaust was prominent between 1500 and 1900 rpms.

I'm very happy with this kit and its results. The ETD Englewood guys were on their game and are ready for any North Jersey or Metro NYC business, if you need this done. They will charge about 3 hours labor.

I was able to flash the pcm . I don't notice any difference in power. I flashed it and it said it was successful. I wonder if I should flash it again. Maybe it needed to be flashed twice . I don't know