Can't get aftermarket hood to latch.

SuperStang83

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2001
Boyertown, Pa
Does anyone have any ideas as to why the aftermarket hood won't latch? I got a hood from Design Concepts and the fit is great on the hood, but it won't go down far enough to latch. The safety latch latches fine, but the hood is as far down as it will go and it won't catch the regular latch. Has anyone experienced this problem before and if so how did you fix it? Thank you.

Jacob

• Sponsors (?)

What kind of markings is the latch doing to the hood? I know I had to play with mine to get it to work correctly.

Edit* I think I used a marker or white out to see how everything was working.

I'll get them later today, I gotta go back to work soon. I also put a Steeda Aero wing on it, and it looks good. I also have a Cobra rear bumper to put on it, but I am not sure if I am going to keep it on because it is gonna stick out a lot farther than the sides since it doesn't have side skirts. But I am gonna put it on and see how it looks. I'll get some pics up later and probably post them in the 5.0 Talk section. Oh, I also put a Cobra bumper insert in last weekend. I gotta get it painted soon, but that'll probably be a while. Hopefully you will like what it looks like Jon, cause I sure do. Talk to you later bro.