• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Canton overflow tank and CCRM relocation

  • Thread starter Thread starter hollywoodstang
  • Start date Start date Jan 24, 2010

hollywoodstang

Active Member
May 23, 2006
1,095
2
36
Jan 24, 2010
#1
  • Jan 24, 2010
  • #1
What's up guys! I have a problem.

I am trying to install this stupid canton coolant tank and it does not fit very well, They said it's factory replacement well, it's not. I have bigger radiator so that doesn't help either

Only way i can see this thing mount is if;
1)I remove the CCRM and relocate and rewire it and put a 1" washer between the tank and the factory mounting bracket.
2)Cut the fan shroud down to make it fit(Not a good idea and i am sure i will mess it up)
3)Get a aftermarket fan so the shroud is completely gone(Don't want to this this due to more money out of pocket )

I like option 1. Except rewiring the CCRM

So in that sense, 69Clark somehow figured out a way to do this...I don't know how he did it but i was staring at his engine bay for couple minutes and couldn't figure it out, He seem to have big steel spacer with some sort of bracket....(if you 69clark can hear me please let me know how you did this so i don't have to suffer)

Has anyone have done this? or Where did you relocate the CCRM to? Did you have to rewire the CCRM wire to make it longer? Show me some photos of the relocation area and how to's, I am sure there are other stangers wanting to do this too

Looking for some good advice, Returning the tank is not an option, I bought this thing almost 1/2 year ago...I want to make this fit, Hell, Don't we "make lot of thing fit" on our cars anyways?

Let me know

Thanks! you guys rOcK!

This is the tank i am talking about by the way
http://www.on-trackperformance.com/Canton/80231.jpg
 

Labora

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2000
1,855
26
69
Dallas, Texas
Jan 24, 2010
#2
  • Jan 24, 2010
  • #2
You don't have to rewire the CCRM to move it, the only wires I had to extend to move it where the fan wires. (I disconnected the wire for the overflow bottle so you would want to do that also.) So like 6~ wires total.
 

hollywoodstang

Active Member
May 23, 2006
1,095
2
36
Jan 24, 2010
#3
  • Jan 24, 2010
  • #3
So where did you put the CCRM?
 

95Vert383AOD

15 Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
1,133
34
69
New Bedford, MA
Jan 24, 2010
#4
  • Jan 24, 2010
  • #4
If you don't have the factory Air box i attached my CCRM there with metal screws where the air box used to be facing up. (no wires need to be cut) You can also massage the radiator support with a mallet. cut some metal. to move the radiator forward about an inch.

I did and fit a 351 with FOX brackets with an Aftermarket radiator and a Lincoln Mark VIII Fan.

Chris
 

hollywoodstang

Active Member
May 23, 2006
1,095
2
36
Jan 24, 2010
#5
  • Jan 24, 2010
  • #5
95Vert383AOD said:
If you don't have the factory Air box i attached my CCRM there with metal screws where the air box used to be facing up. (no wires need to be cut) You can also massage the radiator support with a mallet. cut some metal. to move the radiator forward about an inch.

I did and fit a 351 with FOX brackets with an Aftermarket radiator and a Lincoln Mark VIII Fan.

Chris
Click to expand...

That is good idea! and my stock airbox is long long gone, But if i put the CCRM box there don't you have to extend the fan wire? or do they reach to the fan? i tried to move around the CCRM box and i don't think the wires have that much give...But what the heck do i know? i will give it a try, Right now,,,

It's 2 am here in cali and i am about to freeez in the garage
 

hollywoodstang

Active Member
May 23, 2006
1,095
2
36
Jan 24, 2010
#6
  • Jan 24, 2010
  • #6
Okay, Show me some photo of where you mounted or how you relocated the CCRM box, I am ready to shoot this thing with the 12 gauge
 

hollywoodstang

Active Member
May 23, 2006
1,095
2
36
Jan 24, 2010
#7
  • Jan 24, 2010
  • #7
I still need some help with this thing.

 

chaos254

Founding Member
Jul 27, 2002
467
3
29
NJ
Jan 26, 2010
#8
  • Jan 26, 2010
  • #8
sorry I can't help but post up pics when you get it figured out. I want to get rid of my my stock overflow and relocate the ccrm as well. good luck
 

88stang88

5 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
309
7
39
St. Louis,MO
Jan 26, 2010
#9
  • Jan 26, 2010
  • #9
I relocated my ccrm under the stock air housing location..fits nice just have to make some small adjustments.
 

Labora

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2000
1,855
26
69
Dallas, Texas
Jan 27, 2010
#10
  • Jan 27, 2010
  • #10
Mine is in the inner fender well. I hid all the wires on my car...
 

hollywoodstang

Active Member
May 23, 2006
1,095
2
36
Jan 28, 2010
#11
  • Jan 28, 2010
  • #11
I am still working on this, Will finish this up over the weekend and post some pictures of what i did, I think i found a solution to this canton thing without doing a major mod or returning the can, I hope it goes well, knowing me it probably will not Wish me luck
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved Holley terminator integration into CCRM
  • BrandonMP
  • Feb 25, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
465
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 23, 2026
fasterthangas
F
0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
887
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jan 11, 2026
02_2v_Curtis
0
A
Resolved 03 GT Parasitic Draw Fuse 26 (PCM)
  • Antrix
  • Mar 22, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
828
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 24, 2025
89ripper
S
Fuel rail help
  • stang9150
  • Mar 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
429
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 5, 2026
stang9150
S
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
89
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?