Car cutting out BAD at WOT???

kj99

Founding Member
Sep 2, 1999
Spartanburg SC
My car has been running perfect since my intake swap (4 mo). Today I went up to the store and when I went WOT, it just started missing badly( only does it at wot). It's acting like I have bad plugs or something.But It's got new plugs and new wires, so I'm not sure what it can be. Do you all think my plugs have fouled out or something. Anything else it could be???? :(

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Roger_4.6_96 said:
Check your plugs, wires, fuel injetors, coilpacks and alternator. It will miss if one of those have a problem.

I would think it would be along those items too. If the plugs are new, you could have cracked an insulator during the installation, or a plug wire isn't on tight. Also, Sean Hyland says the coils can develop cracks along the bottom, leading to misfires at WOT.

thanks Guys, I'll try a new filter first. I got a feeling it's my coilpacks. Their the only thing left that hasn't been changed on my car with 125,000 miles on it .

Josh, where did you buy your MSD coils, and how much were they?

kj99 said:
thanks Guys, I'll try a new filter first. I got a feeling it's my coilpacks. Their the only thing left that hasn't been changed on my car with 125,000 miles on it .

Josh, where did you buy your MSD coils, and how much were they?

I got mine from Thunder Racing for $69 each. They were a direct bolt-in, and took a whopping 5 minutes to do! :nice: I used to order tons of parts from Thunder Racing for my 383/N20 '97 Formula WS6 and I've always got good service from them. And their price on these coils was actually cheaper than Summit's! :)

www.thunderracing.com

Thanks guys, I'm going to change the filter today and run some injecter cleaner through it. I'm probably still going to replace my coil packs anyway (upgrade them) with sceamin demon coils.

If that doesn't fix it then.... :shrug:

I'll let ya know what happens