Car has no throttle, need help

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
I recently took off my Saleen Supercharger because i sold it, to make room for my new vortech :). After i put all stock parts back on the car, the car idles and seems like its doing good, but when i drive it there is a huge hesitation before any power is produced, The car feels slower than a 1990 honda civic. When idling it revs up just fine, AC, Heater blows fine. I double checked for any vacuum leaks and found none. I used my old intake gaskets and im wondering if this could have made an intake leak, but i would assume that my heater would blow air from the top instead of the front when there is a vacuum leak.. im completely lost. I also have my spark plugs at .33 for my supercharger and a focus pump running on the stock tune. Could spark plugs cause this?

• Sponsors (?)

I changed the spark plugs, swapped my egr valve and still no WOT. I cant go WOT at all, it drives, idles good, but as soon as i hit the gas for WOT it doesnt work. Anyone know what could cause this?

seems like it might be choking on fuel, how was your tps setup on the blower? it's dumb but you did de-tune it, right?:hide:

Yeah, im running the stock tune. The only thing left in the car is the SVT focus pump, would this cause that issue? I thought you could run the pump on a stock car?

i have one in my n/a car

Is your car tuned for it or just in there. I guess that would defeat the purpose if its tuned though. I'm just wondering if somehow its getting to much fuel? but it seems like its not getting enough. Maybe i have a bad pump and it decided to crap out on me at the wrong time.

You're also back to the stock MAF, correct?

Yup stock everything, maf and all.

I decided to data log a little, Here is my driving from the gas station to my house (only 1 block) Right where the lines start to jump is when i tried to go WOT but didnt go. Does anyone undrstand this graph?

Not to beat a dead horse but ... the stock 19# injectors too?

Just wanted to let everyone know, I put the 42's back on and threw my supercharger tune back on and the car runs perfect. So what i figured out is the SVT focus pump will not run on a stock tune. So for future notes, anyone that is looking to upgrade to a bigger pump, dont do it, unless you get the car tuned.