car idling up by itself

So when im drivin slow through my apt complex in 1st gear the car will idle up by itself and when i push in the clutch it will go up to about 2 grand then idle down then back to about 1500. does the same at stop lights its very annoying any idea what this could be? Other than that the car runs fine.

• Sponsors (?)

sonic281...try spraying it with some cleaner. Sometimes a little gunk and grime gets in there and keeps it open. Cleaning it may help...if not then try replacing it (provided you tried all the other posted suggestions).

sonic281...try spraying it with some cleaner. Sometimes a little gunk and grime gets in there and keeps it open. Cleaning it may help...if not then try replacing it (provided you tried all the other posted suggestions).

The iac is on the front of the plenum with the plug on top correct? IF so I took it off sprayed it out and put it back on. Seems to idle down quicker now. I also found that the hose that goes from the driver valve cover to the cai has electrical tape on each end from previous owner will that affect anything?