car is running bad stuttering? misfire?????

car is running like $h*t!! stutering? misfire?????

on wednesday morning my car started stutering..... the night before was just fine.....it shakes and stuters in all gears and at all rpms.... but it shakes even more at lower rpms...power is obviously missing...i dont know what it is...its like if there is something holding it back...this is also a continuous stuter...i thought it was a misfire but im not sure what it is.. :shrug: .. i cleaned my maf, throttle body, checked my wires, dist. cap, coil....can anybody help :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

could a plug have gotten loose and is wiggling around? Something messed up in the dist.? coil bad? dynamod mod. doing something it shouldn't? Eat a lot of taco's last night?
I would check with the module first, see if that's it.

Mine has been doing this a lot lately what module were you talking about 94blue302GT, are you talking about the tfi thingy, or what. I have also cleaned everything all plugs wires cap rotor pcv everything is new pretty much

just wondering

jason

p.s. sorry to post in your thread man just trying to save space

i agree. if the whole car is shaking..violently, to the point its undrivable..more than likey your balancer's gone out... if you got the tools its a driveway job. i had to tow mine. it fought me like all get out pullin it on the tow rig..

whatever you do...don't drive it!!!! jus movin mine took out my water pump...

It would be good to check the resistence in the COIL WIRE itself. Sometimes that slows everything down. I recently fixed a prob with the harmonic balancer in my car but the problem sounds a little different, worse.

If it's strickly low speeds it could be a vacuum leak.

donjohn said:
It would be good to check the resistence in the COIL WIRE itself. Sometimes that slows everything down. I recently fixed a prob with the harmonic balancer in my car but the problem sounds a little different, worse.

If it's strickly low speeds it could be a vacuum leak.

harmonic balancer was changed 3 weeks ago....so i doubt its that...it just happened over night....you can also hear it through the exhaust...sounds like a machine gun or somehting :shrug:

A miss or stutter can be caused by many things. When my car had these exact problems you're describing, I tried all the mentioned above and nothing. I then looked inside my distributor and the PIP sensor(I think it's called) or stator was all chewed up. There was all kinds of metal shaving @ the bottom.
Just something else to check into.