Car not getting enough gas?? Please Help

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I could run down the list of possibilities but really you need to get into diagnostic mode so you're not chasing the 'parts rabbit'.
I know, you don't have a 'surging idle ' but this list will help you get things working again, just do the list in order, don't jump around.

Reactions: 1 user
We both need to check our regulators. Take off the vacuum tube and smell for gas. I think mine is the hose off the fuel pump. If you can confirm new pump the short hose off the pump splits. Is this a new thing for you.

My car does the same thing like I said, and I have a gauge on mine. My gauge drops to zero after the car has been off so it has to build up to start. The pump has a check valve in it and mine does not work probably. Push your shrader valve after a few to see if you have pressure.

Since you have a EGR code I would start there. I think the code 34 means it’s not closed all the way. It’s probably carboned up. That would mean exhaust gases are being recirculated into your engine at idle which could cause these issues.

Reactions: 1 users
Since you have a EGR code I would start there. I think the code 34 means it’s not closed all the way. It’s probably carboned up. That would mean exhaust gases are being recirculated into your engine at idle which could cause these issues.
And cleaning the egr is covered in the checklist.

Hi Guys,
So I fixed the problem it turned out to be the fuel pump relay. What happened was I took off the IAC valve and cleaned it and also I had an IAC adjuster from lmr. So I took it off cleaned it and put it back without the adjuster, read codes again ended up with code 34 and code 96. So I changed the relay and it ended up fixing it now it just idles poorly on a cold start but ill just follow the surging idle checklist for that.

Well that is awesome man. Glad the fix was simple and you wont be chasing daemons through the weekend. If you are anything like me, you'd be knee deep in your old lady thinking of what the hell is going wrong with the car and when she asks what is on your mind you just LIE because you know what is best for you.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I'm kinda doubting the relay was bad...they usually work or fail totally and that would cause a no start/no fuel to the engine.
My hunch is that IAC part from lmr was funky... I had one on a while back and took it off bc it was causing idle issues that couldn't be adjusted with those little screws.

Reactions: 1 users