Car not getting enough gas?? Please Help

I'm kinda doubting the relay was bad...they usually work or fail totally and that would cause a no start/no fuel to the engine.
My hunch is that IAC part from lmr was funky... I had one on a while back and took it off bc it was causing idle issues that couldn't be adjusted with those little screws.
I see, well the IAC when I took off the adjustable plate i noticed the car stayed on a little longer and then turned off, and when i changed the fuel pump relay is when it stayed on.

• Sponsors (?)

Something else to check if fuel pump relay issues. I had issues last summer (and this spring) where fuel pump relay would kick out, stop pump, car dies and doesn't restart. Changed relay, worked again. Shortly after (and intermittently) would still not work, even jumpering the relay would not work sometimes.

What I discovered is the connector in the driver side kick panel that the fuel pump feed runs through had issue. The female side of the connector that powers the fuel pump was not tight enough to always make a good connection (hence the intermittent problem). I was able to squeeze the female connector smaller to make a better connection with the male pin. No problems since. I think I even went back to an older relay I thought was bad.

Reactions: 1 user