Car pulls to left when braking! HELP!

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Well as the title states the car pulls sharply to the left when i apply the brakes, i figure there might be air in the brake lines or something or maybe one of hte calipers is not working right...

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

BTW its a 94 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Generally when your car pulls to the left when braking, that means something on the right side of the car is not working properly. Check the caliper pistons for being seized on the passenger side, and also check the slide pins for being seized, preventing the pads from making contact. Also make sure your tire pressures are all correct.

Generally when your car pulls to the left when braking, that means something on the right side of the car is not working properly. Check the caliper pistons for being seized on the passenger side, and also check the slide pins for being seized, preventing the pads from making contact. Also make sure your tire pressures are all correct.

Cool thanks! Tomorrow ill take a look...

I had the same problem when I first bought my Stang. The rotors/pads were nearly new and the calipers worked fine. In the end, I discovered that the problem wasn't the brakes at all but it was worn steering rack bushings. I had them replaced with new urethane bushings and not only did the car brake straight again but it also cured the bumpsteer problem I had.

Very good advice so far. :nice:

I also liked the idea of the pass side brake being compromised. It's all just guessing though - it takes a little testing and comparing with the front end in the air.

Good luck.