car randomly dies and then will not start unless cold

my car will randomly die on me and wont start unless its cold. sometimes when i am driving it bucks. the car has spark and fuel pressure which makes me believe it is a computer or sensor issue. it did this last night and wouldnt start until the negative battery cable was removed and then put back on. can anyone help me out with this?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

See if you can borrow a TFI module of of someone elses car and try that. In case you don't know, the TFI is the module that is on the side of the distributor.... Just buy the $5-10 tool that is needed to remove the two screws.

speeddemon302 said:
havent had the computer checked yet will codes show up if the car is running fine? because it runs fine for a while then this happens.

I agree with 85 mclaren the TFI module woul be high on my list of suspects. Any part stsore can test it for you. But yes you can still have codes in that situation the computer stores them. It is possible to have a code and not throw a CE light. It is handy to have one of the cheap little EEC-IV code readers around. You can pick one up for less than 30 bucks at wal-mart.