CAR RUNS FOR A MINUTE THEN DIES, POSSIBLE CCRM

Bosko5.0

May 18, 2006
longwood, FL
well my car starts runs for about a minute or less and then dies try to start again runs for 5-10 secs then dies.

And when i turn to key on engine off with the tester hooked up the fan turns on when i havent turned the tester on, then the tester wont work when this happens, also when the fan doesnt come on when the tester is running, and when it turns the fan on then the CCRM starts to chatter/make noise so I was wondering how to test it??????????????????????????

• Sponsors (?)

this happened to me--had to bang on my ccrm w/ a hammer to get the fans to come on, then the car would hesitate and almost die (guess it was the fuel pump relay in there going out).

i took off the ccrm only to find there was something rattling around in there. i figured that wasn't good at all, and i was really frustrated so i popped it open and found a little metal cylinder loose in there:

wtf.jpg

a new ccrm (freakin $180) fixed my fan issues and fuel pump shut-off issues.

sucks, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet.

I agree - the CCRM rattle is disconcerting.

Given the issue, I have to wonder if in your case Bosko, the EEC relay isnt the one taking a healthy doo doo. When it dies and before it comes back to life, do you know if any solenoids under the hood are energizing?

Bosko, do you have a chip? One of those (511 IIRC) is often due to a chip without a checksum value to nip the code.

In my experience, the puter either works or doesnt. If doesnt generally run for a minute and then fail.

Wes, I had a plan to come up with a few things, one of which was indeed a CCRM synopsis. Last night Bosko had PM'd me and I replied with some quick things I'd check. :nice:
I'm going to try and get some stuff up soon here. I saw that you've been quite busy. :nice:

Looking good Wes, nice to see my control arm writeup on there :D

Hey man, we only use the best, top-quality write-ups. :)

We've got a lot of good stuff from everyone - Urban96 sent me a TON of useful pictures to use. Cbar300 has been throwing down on the Tuning section and Sage2k has been hitting up some awesome how to articles.

I'm finally done loading up all the information I saved on my harddrive over the years from various places.

It's already helped me find a few things quickly - hope it works great for everyone else.

Wes

Well After two days of misery I got it running after I took the radiator out then put it back in started it it ran a slight miss (exhuast leaks) And due to the exhuast leaks its running lean or rich so next week I take longtubes off and seal them up same with the ball joints.

Thank for the help guy I really appreacite it

Bosko, Be prepared for the issue to return. Unless the other guys have seen exhaust leaks cause stalling and such as it was for you.

Do you run in OL at idle (due to LT's)?

no i just bumped the idle up for the Lts. I think the stalling was from a loose connection.

when it started to cutout I gave it gas and it was struggling like it didnt have enough gas, or like when you unplug one injector and go for a ride.

Iam hoping it wont return but with my luck it will.