Car runs like chit all the sudden????

that was probably one of the most indepth and actually helpful posts ive ever seen. it might even fix my problem and i didnt even thinck about this side of the problem. thanks for posting it.

I'll post pics tonight.... deleted the EGR (what an experience ) and the CEL light was on more than off.... turned down the fuel pressure two turns and bam. Car idles fine now, only has a slight bit of surging left when slowing down and the CEL light is gone.

Drove the car to KS and back this w/e.

Oh and you're welcome. The info. seemed pretty good to me too.... All I did was copy and paste.

Here are the pics:

Little blurry, but anyone want to take a guess at what I did to make an adjustable plunger on the sensor?

Here's the nightmare plug of JB Weld. The part that dripped, popped off when I started the motor.... kinda worried me, but the rest is holding just fine.

i have an thought, but i haven't gotten up the nerve yet to blurt it out just yet.

i need to see some clearer pictures (a couple of angles please), then maybe i'll be ready for a guess.

while you have the camera out, can you take a few of all that beautiful empty space where your egr used to be? i need some inspiration ...

I don't think my camera will take a clearer one.... that was the best of the 4 pics I took. Plus now the sensor is on the car. So far the "secret" ingredient is holding up to the heat just fine.

I still can't believe I came up with THAT... but the little sucker fit perfect.

Cdstang said:
And for the stock headers instead of using JB weld to seal up the header egr hold use the nut from the egr tube and a penny.. It works perfect..

Actually there are several guys on here that will disagree. The penny will melt over time. AND if you read my post, you'll see that I couldn't get the nut off to put a plug on, so I had to cut the tube above it and JB Weld it. This was one of those late evening projects that had to happen by the next morning so you can get to the track.

Maybe it was a lucky penny.... find it heads up?

It was all to no avail anyway.... the track got rained out the next day.

Personally I'll be putting Fox headers on down the road, so the bung won't be a factor.