Car runs rough on when cold

Justfbilly

Jun 10, 2022
Missouri
I have a 07 Mustang GT that is tuned. It’s been running great but recently when the motor is cold it falls on its face, misses and hesitated and runs bad. When the car warms up it runs fine? There Is not a Check Engine light on, I have cleaned the MAF sensor, checked the injectors and they are not leaking. Has anyone ran into this before?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 07 Mustang GT that is tuned. It’s been running great but recently when the motor is cold it falls on its face, misses and hesitated and runs bad. When the car warms up it runs fine? There Is not a Check Engine light on, I have cleaned the MAF sensor, checked the injectors and they are not leaking. Has anyone ran into this before?
Mine is doing the sam thing. All I ever did was clean my MAF sensor and my problems started. Is I get into a little bit it’ll fall on its face and throw a wrench. I have to go back into my tuner( I don’t have any tunes on it) and clear the wrench. No clue?

Mine is doing the sam thing. All I ever did was clean my MAF sensor and my problems started. Is I get into a little bit it’ll fall on its face and throw a wrench. I have to go back into my tuner( I don’t have any tunes on it) and clear the wrench. No clue?

In your case, it is possible that you broke the element inside the MAF sensor.

I’ll try to look at that. Don’t see how though

Check this:
Check the resistance of the MAF signal wiring. Pin D on the MAF and pin 50 on the computer (dark blue/orange wire) should be less than 2 ohms. Pin C on the MAF and pin 9 on the computer (tan/light blue wire) should be less than 2 ohms.

There should be a minimum of 10K ohms between either pin C or D on the MAF and ground.
From here: https://stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/help-me-create-the-surging-idle-checklist.698148/

If the MAF checks good, you may run to run through the rest of that checklist.