car smells like gasoline...yummy

• Sponsors (?)

More info? Is there a leak? Or is this while the car is running? Recent work done?
when does it smell? From where? Etc.

Good luck.

when i get out of the car it smells like it.a little when im inside the car also. last work i did on it was replace the tfi module, cap and rotor,and licked the cooling problem with a new tstat and 3 core rad. i changed the fuel filter like a yr ago as well as the fuel pump.

If the tank is not leaking and you have cats, I would check the charcoal cannister for cracks (pass front end - next to the radiator) and its lines. They can crack too.

I might check the FPR vac line too. If the diaphram in the FPR is bad, fuel can get into the vac line, which can create odors.

Good luck.

I have a problem also and could not find anything on it and didnt want to start a new thread sorry. but i just put a holly 255 fuelpump in and ever since its smelld like gas bad. I checkd theres no leaks, its coming from the rear, no smell in engine compartment, and mostly while hiway driving and if a floor it for a sec while driving.

You smell it inside the car while driving? If you didn't change anything else but the fuel pump, I'd bet that you have something not completely sealed. I've heard some people say that the stock fuel pressure regulator can't handle the extra flow from a bigger aftermarket pump but I don't know how accurate that is. But maybe its possible that you are leaking fuel from that seal?