Car stalling somewhat randomly

Kiknads

May 6, 2004
My car starts fine when its cold, but after i drive for a while, it will stall on me. Sometimes i can just start it up again, other times i have had to wait up ta a half hour. I've changed the ignition module to one i had lying around, and still the same problem, any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

that should be your coil if i am geting the right picture. i could be tons of things man i had the same issue with my 88gt stalled on me ran like crap then just quit. found out it was a loose ground from the neg batt post. just do a process of elimination. Batt,pos-neg cables/connections/coil/wires/plugs. more than likely your problem runs in that chain some where.

went to my local piston ring store and picked up a new pickup coil and the module tool and i set to work putting it in, but i got stumped on how to take it off the shaft, anyone got a guide or something on how to do it?

UPDATE

I've replaced the TFI module (with one i had lying around), the coil, the PIP, and I've also noticed its not stalling randomly, for the past couple days its stalled within about 3 blocks every day this week, this thing is getting pretty aggrivating.